Introduce yourself! (And show us your swag)

Page 12 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
May 15, 2024
Visit site
Sage, what are your main interests? Planets? Star types? Galaxies? Big Bang? Observation?

Cat :)
I really wanna study the Big Bang more, it’s one of my biggest questions in life. I also want to learn more about anomalies and the math behind the universe (I love math). I’m not really interested in biology and planets but it’s still pretty cool.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Be careful about the Big Bang. It is completely against established science, such as the Law of Conservation of Matter (matter/energy), although who is to say that this applied at t = 0. This t = 0 should be distinguished from BBT (Big Bang Theory) which ceases to be science about a trillionth of a second short of t = 0. This is because science (Einstein) has equations involving division by zero which mathematics requires to be infinity.

My personal view is that BBT is ridiculous. I favour a cyclic Universe, of which there are several variant theories. Instead of the singularity (which is the centre of the scientific problem - requiring infinite temperature and density) there is a NON-infinite nexus, leading to another phase of the Universe. Critics say that there is a "philosophical" problem, in that there must have been a start somewhen.

But see this:

anomalies and the math behind the universe
Division by zero = infinity

Ask away if you have any questions on this.

Cat :)

Last edited:
Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought that if the mirror were a number it would be zero:
(+1|0|-1)
(+n|0|-n)
(+300,000kps|0|-300,000kps)
(t=+1(past history)|t=0|(future history)t=-1)
(+infinity |0|0| -infinity)

(+1(+n)/0 = (+1(+n)|0|-1(-n)))
(-1(-n)/0 = (-1(-n)|0|+1(+n)))
Achtung! Split the universe in two (+1,-1), or would it be three due to -- with -- a trojan ("The total of matter and energy in the universe equals (reduces to) zero ('0').

May 15, 2024
Visit site
Oh nice, I’m definitely going to read up on that so that I can broaden my research. I knew there were other theories but it’s hard to find the other ones when the BBT is the most talked about. Thank you l

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Oh nice, I’m definitely going to read up on that so that I can broaden my research. I knew there were other theories but it’s hard to find the other ones when the BBT is the most talked about. Thank you l

This has been moved to Cosmology, as

More on the Big Bang - what was before t = 0?

as this is not the correct thread. Please see there.

Apologies for the need of this further correction. Cat :)