2 Marvel series for ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Incredible Hulk

You know :)

Uncertain if continuity with the film will be maintained.

Cloak and Dagger

Superhero duo affiliated with the X-MEN.

Dagger: female; psionic light "daggers", heal injuries and purge addictions in others.

Cloak: male; teleportation, intangibility (like Martian Manhunter), and the ability to link with the Dark Dimension. Feels a hunger to feed off either the light given off by those dispatched to the Dark Dimension or Dagger's light daggers.

A

a_lost_packet_

Wow, a Hulk series?

Tell me they're going to recreate the original, pppplease!

I loved that show. I know, it was always the same thing - Bannor fought to control his inner demon and, in the end, injustice coupled with rage released righteous fury against the evil and the wicked... But, it was an awesome show. Simple 1+1=2. Bad Guys + Ticked Off Hulk = Bad Guys Lose.

You know, just as a side-thought... Don't we need some more "morality" plays on television these days? The Incredible Hulk was one. Kung Fu was another. But, there's not much of that today. Heck, even All in the Family was a morality play at times, taken to absurd and comedic levels, to be sure.

Today, everything is special effects and choreographed fight scenes with 'splosions. The fight scenes in The Incredible Hulk were terrible... and made worse by the slo-mo footage. I don't remember him actually killing anyone, either. Though, I think he did in a couple of pivotal episodes. But, there was always a moral to each story. Heck, during my childhood, I learned more about Right and Wrong from Star Trek, The Incredible Hulk and Kung Fu than I did at home. (I know, that's a bit backasswards.. but, that was my life.)

Back then, the morality plays were hit shows. Yeah, they weren't complicated. But, they weren't supposed to be. Will the new Hulk show try to live up to that or will it be a 'splosion and CGI-Fest? Will Cloak and Dagger have a lesson to teach or be a string of fight scenes?

D

docm

Agree about the morality tales, especially in programming for younger folks. Unfortunately much of the programming these days leans towards the simplistic model where the point is laughs or end/means with few, if any, serious consequences.

Cloak and Dagger could very easily be made as a morality play. The potential is very high in that direction. At one point they are affiliated with the Runaways, who are headed for the big screen in 2012 from Paramount.

Runaways synopsis: follows a group of teenagers who find that some family secrets are bigger than others when they discover their parents are actually super-villains. Running away from their homes, the teens band together and begin a journey of discovery, both of their parents' origins and of their own inherited powers, while trying to make up for the evil done by their parents.

Cloak and Dagger
Cloak_and_Dagger_by_Jim_Lee_by_northchavis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.