2 Russian satellites are stalking a US spysat in orbit. The Space Force is watching (report)

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
If the watching satellite is a hundred miles away, I don't see much to complain about.

I could see it as a big deal if the Russian satellites carried satellite disabling or interference technology. One hundred miles away is not very far away in terms of an orbit - certainly not close enough to worry about a collision or an intercept, but easily close enough to interfere with or damage the spy satellite.

As it stands, though, this is probably just Russia trying to troll the US again.

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
I could see it as a big deal if the Russian satellites carried satellite disabling or interference technology. One hundred miles away is not very far away in terms of an orbit - certainly not close enough to worry about a collision or an intercept, but easily close enough to interfere with or damage the spy satellite.

As it stands, though, this is probably just Russia trying to troll the US again.
This would be a mighty expensive “troll”. There is definitely a purpose to this, most likely practice...

Does the KH11 have local situational awareness?

Does it have radar or telescopes?

Can a parasitic antenna circuit cut out its communications? I.E. A loop of wire or conductive silly string.

If a small mass attached itself to the KH11 with a resonate cable could the KH11 take usable pictures while it is vibrating?

Can it defend itself from a miniature robotic swarm?

Can it see the thermal signature of a cloaked Bird of Prey?

What are its shield harmonics?

The American Empire and its Death Stars are more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Latest posts