2001: A space Odyssey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beanze

Okay, I just finished watching Kubricks 2001 and 2010.

were those visions or just raw sci-fi of his?
well, ignore 2010. He'd go berserk if he saw the 2010 version, it just didn't go the way he would have liked it to. :(

I have a question about the flick, Haywood or whatever his name was said he didn't know about the lies and secrecy on the ship in 2010, when in 2001 It's rather clear to me he did. So, what's the case here?

By the way, I found a picture on mars of the Monolith :eek: as god as my witness I haven't tampered with the image!
33°42'4.62"N 120°41'47.28"W

Now, the most basic and predictable question is: will there be a sequel to 2010? when? by who? As far as I know there are four books or so. I wouldn't exactly ask for a remake of the two first and "go from there", rather... just continue where they left off! :D

M

MeteorWayne

You should probably read the books that the movies are based on. Should be available at your local library.

This will probably be merged with one of the other 2001 ASO threads.

M

missionunknown

Hi i bought 2001: a space odyssey on blu-ray about a month ago and watched it for the very first time. I was very impressed! I love kubrick films anyway but had no idea 2001 was going to be so sophisticated. Its different to modern movies isn't it, but i enjoyed it a lot and thought the model sets in it were superb. Must watch it again soon.

But what is this 2010 you speak of?

S

silylene

Beanze":p2n8bvrp said:
By the way, I found a picture on mars of the Monolith :eek: as god as my witness I haven't tampered with the image!
33°42'4.62"N 120°41'47.28"W :)

Obviously, The Illuminati and The Majestic 12 missed cleaning up a few pixels. I am sure this image will be re-adjusted soon, and the monolith will meld into the background. Then all will be fine again. :D

B

bdewoody

I think the book "2001 A Space Odyssey was written during or after the screen play.

B

Beanze

missionunknown":10ue1a93 said:
Hi i bought 2001: a space odyssey on blu-ray about a month ago and watched it for the very first time. I was very impressed! I love kubrick films anyway but had no idea 2001 was going to be so sophisticated. Its different to modern movies isn't it, but i enjoyed it a lot and thought the model sets in it were superb. Must watch it again soon.

But what is this 2010 you speak of?

2010: The year we make contact, I don't think Mr. Kubrick directed it himself though, I think someone else caught up on his work tbh :/ but it'll fill you in on everything 2001 left you wondering about :p worth seeing 8./10

B

Beanze

silylene":2r0i4awh said:
Beanze":2r0i4awh said:
33°42'4.62"N 120°41'47.28"W :)

Obviously, The Illuminati and The Majestic 12 missed cleaning up a few pixels. I am sure this image will be re-adjusted soon, and the monolith will meld into the background. Then all will be fine again. :D

damn right! finally someone gets me w/o telling me i'm crazy, that it's just... stupid data rendering things ... well it's NOT... :ugeek: It's the Monolith, of that I am sure! The question is, if mars were to react to the powers of the monolith as Jupiter did in 2010.... we'd be toast. Well that would be over exaggerating of course... :roll:

If you don't hear from me again I've been taken down by the government, or let's say... the Schwarzenegger himself :(
omg I can see a couple of SUV's outside the house. :< I see Arnie.. hold me!

D

docm

The guy will be 63 in August, so IMO he's not looking so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts