2005 Major Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yurkin

<b>Cosmos-1:</b> Planetary Society’s Solar Sail________________03/01/05<br /><br /><b>Venus Express:</b> Launches to Venus____________________11/25/05<br /><br /><b>DART:</b> Autonomous Satellite Launch___________________03/02/05<br /><br /><b>Deep Impact:</b> Launches to Comet______________________01/08/05<br /><br /><b>Cryosat:</b> Launch of “Climate Change” Mission____________25/03/05<br /><br /><b>Calipso & Cloudsat:</b> Launches to Study Earth’s Clouds_____05/26/05<br /><br /><b>Astro-E2:</b> Launch of X-Ray Observatory__________________April<br /><br /><b>Astro-F:</b> Launch of Infrared Observatory_________________Late 05<br /><br /><b>Lunar-A:</b> Launches to Moon __________________________Late 05<br /><br /><b>Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter:</b> Launches to Mars__________August<br /><br /><b>Spirit & Opportunity:</b> Keep on Rolling<br /><br /><b>Mars Express, Odyssey, Global Surveyor :</b> The Terran Armada<br /><br /><b>Hayabusa:</b> Collects Asteroid Sample____________________November<br /><br /><b>Cassini:</b> Close Titan flyby and other moons______________01/14/05<br /><br /><b>Huygens:</b> Lands on Titan!!___________________________01/14/05<br /><br /><b>Smart-1:</b> Reaches Final Lunar Orbit_____________________April<br /><br /><b>Messenger:</b> Earth Flyby_____________________________08/02/05<br /><br /><b>Rosetta:</b> Earth Flyby_________________________________March<br /><br /><b>Stardust:</b> On its way home<br /><br /><b>ArianeV-ECA:</b> The big Ariane________________________January<br /><br /><b>Titan IVB:</b> Final Flight ______________________________06/30/05<br /><br /><b>Falcon:</b> First Flight_________________________________Early 05<br /><br /><b>Falcon-V:</b> First Flight _______________________________Late 05<br /><br /><b>Nautilus:</b> Biglows experimental module ________________Late 05<br /><br /><b>ATV-1:</b> Jules Verne Launched to ISS____________________10/22/05<br /><br /><b>Progress 17:</b> Supply ISS_____________________________02/28/05<br /><b>Progress 18:</b> Supply ISS_

C

crix

Thanks yurkin! I rearranged things chronologically to offer another perspective.<br /><br />Mars Express, Odyssey, Global Surveyor : The Terran Armada<br />Spirit & Opportunity: Keep on Rolling<br />Stardust: On its way home<br /><br />ArianeV-ECA: The big Ariane______________________________January<br />Deep Impact: Launches to Comet___________________________01/08/05<br />Cassini: Close Titan flyby and other moons_______________01/14/05<br />Huygens: Lands on Titan!!________________________________01/14/05<br />Progress 17: Supply ISS__________________________________02/28/05<br />Rosetta: Earth Flyby_____________________________________March<br />Cosmos-1: Planetary Society’s Solar Sail_________________03/01/05<br />DART: Autonomous Satellite Launch________________________03/02/05<br />Cryosat: Launch of “Climate Change” Mission______________03/25/05<br />Astro-E2: Launch of X-Ray Observatory____________________April<br />Smart-1: Reaches Final Lunar Orbit_______________________April<br />STS-114: Shuttle Return to Flight, Go Discovery!_________05/12/05<br />ISS LF-1: Raffaello Module & External Storage Module_____05/12/05<br />Soyuz TMA-6: Expedition 11, GO Sergei!___________________05/15/05<br />Calipso & Cloudsat: Launches to Study Earth’s Clouds_____05/26/05<br />Falcon: First Flight_____________________________________Mid-2005<br />Progress 18: Supply ISS__________________________________06/10/05<br />Titan IVB: Final Flight _________________________________06/30/05<br />STS-121/ULF1.1: Atlantis supply mission to ISS___________07/10/05<br />Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter: Launches to Mars____________August<br />Messenger: Earth Flyby___________________________________08/02/05<br />Progress 19: Supply ISS__________________________________08/24/05<br />Soyuz TMA-7: Expedition 12, Taxi Flight__________________09/27/05<br />ATV-1: Jules Verne Launched to ISS_______________________10/22/05<br />Hayabus:a Collects Asteroid Sample_______________________November<br />Venus Express: Laun

N

no_way

Im hoping for a bunch of suborbital attempts to show up.<br />And uh, wasnt Falcon V launch with Bigelow inflatable test article planned to late 2005 as well ? <br />Actually, yes i looked it up, SpaceX lists four launches for 2005, one of them Falcon V

Y

yurkin

Added Falcon V, Biglow, Wildfire, even though I would be shocked if these both make it in 05. And something tells me I’m going to be adding DeltaIV Heavy: First Flight to this list.<br />Oh and does anybody know if Virgin Galactic or SpaceDev have anything planned for next year?<br />

S

Swampcat

<font color="yellow">"...does anybody know if Virgin Galactic or SpaceDev have anything planned for next year?"</font><br /><br />IIRC, VG's sub-orbital tourist flights are expected to begin in 2007 at the earliest. I don't believe Scaled Composites has let anyone in on when they will be test flying SpaceShipTwo, but I doubt it will be in 2005.<br /><br />SpaceDev is hoping for a 2008 maiden flight of its sub-orbital vehicle. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

C

crix

Are they not one in the same?<br /><br />er...<br /><br />VG/SS2 are the same craft AFAIK.

S

Swampcat

<font color="yellow">"Are they not one in the same?"</font><br /><br />Sorry for any confusion. The point I was trying to make was that Scaled Composites (who will manufacture SpaceShipTwo for Virgin Galactic's tourism venture) hasn't made public when flight tests of the new vehicle would begin, but it's not likely to happen in 2005. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.