Stargazing 3D renders of asteroid fields and surfaces created for the 2019 documentary "Asteroids"

Jul 12, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This is a selection of 3D renders produced for the 2019 French documentary "Asteroids".
It features the asteroid belt, asteroid debris fields, asteroid surfaces, and more specifically those which might display gravitational disturbances.

For those interested, more details on the project and a full hd gallery are available here.

Edit:
I'm not related to the production of this video. I discovered it on social media last weekend, and thought the visuals were surprisingly good for a documentary, especially in the second half. Then again I don't watch much documentaries these days, so maybe this is standard quality now, and I'm just prejudiced and out of the loop.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020
Visit site
Indeed!
But assuming you're referring to the scene featured in the video thumbnail, and keeping in mind it's not an asteroid field but an asteroid debris field created by the collision of two asteroids, that would be the case with any Federation starship.

On the other hand, I assume a fly through the actual asteroid belt would be possible, or at least easier, despite it's clustered look earlier in the video (due to scale obviously).

On the other hand, I assume a fly through the actual asteroid belt would be possible, or at least easier, despite it's clustered look earlier in the video (due to scale obviously).

A fly through the actual asteroid belt has been accomplished many times for numerous costly spacecraft. At first, NASA was concerned that traversing the asteroid belt would be dangerous. But there hasn't been a disaster for all the probes sent through it. Someday perhaps, but not yet.

Latest posts