A 4G network on the moon is bad news for radio astronomy

My 4G network mobile phone is TERRIBLE. Spotty coverage, dropped calls and a wife who claims that I never answer my phone because it's always off, (it's not), when she needs this or that item for dinner. Rather than put a 4G network on the moon why not put up more towers to improve service; wouldn't that be more cost effective? N.B.: Radio astronomy in my view is more important to our collective well being than making "primate chatter" easy.

What if you are walking around on the Moon and you get bitten by a rattlesnake?

Who you gonna call without a lunar 4G network?

The Starlink satellite (Satellitis Pestis) is about the same size as a Tatooine womp rat.

Reactions: COLGeek
Unfortunately, the "snakes" won't be on the moon. They will be in the Congress spending our tax money and in the corporations counting the profits. Perhaps we as a species should NOT physically go to the moon again or any other space body. The exploration of space is both costly and fraught with the aspect of two-way biological contamination even with robot technology. E.G.: Sadly, the Israelis inadvertently put a bunch of hapless Tardigrades on the moon's surface; so much for technology. The Sars-Cov-2 pandemic is a foreshadowing of what could happen with an alien world sample brought back to Earth either by robot or by humans. So far the moon samples that we have obtained pose no biological danger. However, a 4G network on the moon to enable better phone calls for pizza delivery seems foolhardy and a portent for doing something stupid on an alien world. Why do it? Why spend the money; frozen pizza in the grocery is just as good?