A Riddle to challege you

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark4166

Does anybody know if this alignment occures in the stars in 2006 from Jeruselem. Posible 2 dates are March 29 or August 2, but could be any time in 2006. Here goes. A women clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of 12 stars on her head. Then as she was pregnent and about to give birth another sign in the heavens, a great dragon that stands in front of the women ready to snatch it away? Does this allignment occure in the sky? Can anyone help with this? Thanks

S

Saiph

welll...I'd like to help, but that really isn't enough information.<br /><br />So the sun is up, the moon is down (pretty common). Mention of a dragon, so the constellation draco is somewhere....bu woman? what woman? What stars (as they don't really move around)... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

M

mark4166

This is a specific sign given in the Book of Revelation 12:1-12 So I do not have any more spacifics but to me it sounds like you could actually see this in the sky a given point.

H

harmonicaman

<i>"A women clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet..."</i><br /><br />This may refer to the time (about twice monthly) when the moon is on the opposite side of the Earth as the Sun. It could also mean a Lunar Eclipse, possibly, which was occuring on the opposite side of the Earth while she was standing outside at noon. <br /><br /><i>"...and a crown of 12 stars on her head."</i><br /><br />An unknown constellation of twelve stars directly overhead...<br /><br /><i>"Then as she was pregnent and about to give birth another sign in the heavens, a great dragon that stands in front of the women ready to snatch it away...</i><br /><br />Possibly refers to the constellation Drako the Dragon occuring on the horizon nine months later.

M

markj_87

Well, interestingly enough there will be a total solar eclipse on the 29th March 2006, seen from Central Asia and Nothern Africa amongst other places, which would certainly include Jerusalem. <br /><br />There are 12 'major' stars in the constellation Draco (the Dragon), as can be seen in this picture from my astronomy program. 'Major' referring to labelled stars. Draco would be seen almost overhead at the time of the eclipse.<br /><br />http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=draco5sc.gif<br /><br />Make what you want of that information. ;-)

M

mark4166

Is there any evidence of a women such as virgo or Coma Berenice anywhere above the moon at that time or up until August?<br /><br />Thanks, Mark

N

neutron_star69

just read all your replies and some of you guys are really smart!!! im stumped

D

DeadSpam

Well...<br /><br />This could be a conjunction of Venus and the moon, with the Pleidies (because, back then, you could see 12 stars with the naked eye...) in the vicinity. It could also relate to Cassiopia...which is always near the Pleidies.<br /><br />(spelling errors possible - please ignore 'em.)

Status
Not open for further replies.