A weird sci fi related fact.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ascan1984

Nicolas cage loves superman ,so he named he son kalel after the real name of superman.

S

Saiph

okay....why do movie-stars tend to be very, very eccentric? I don't get it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

A

Aetius

I think that we should ignore most of what we see and hear about celebrities from the media, when we imagine what kind of people they really are. Everything in Hollywood is about image, because it carries a dollar value. It's all manipulated by media experts for mass-market consumption.<br /><br />For all you know, the actress who seems like the girl next door could be a monster, and the ice cold b!tch that everyone jokes is yesterday's news might really have a heart of gold. We'll never know.<br /><br />I think it's mostly fake. The jury is still out on how eccentric these folks truly are when the cameras are off.<br /> <br />OK, I'll grant you that Jacko, and perhaps Tom Cruise, are the real deal when it comes to flakedom.

S

Saiph

oh, I give the celebrities the benefit of the doubt. But you know something's up when you get strange children's names and other confirmed reports. I think many tend to be a bit off center (then again...a lot of people are). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

C

cdr6

Indeed, some of them just have a "wacked" sense of humor... William P. Lear (inventor of the Lear Jet) named his daughter, (ready for this), Chrystal Chanda.

H

hracctsold

CDR6,<br /><br />I was just thinking of that right before I read your post. Here in Grand Rapids, Mi., we had a plant that had his name on it, and that was the story told about him.<br /><br />But how about the famous lawyer from the '30's that lived in Texas and was named Hogg, and named his daughters, <br />(for real), Ima and Ura Hogg. I can imagine they could not wait to get married, just to change that last name.

Status
Not open for further replies.