About Ethics and Nuking Europa

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Balthazar579

Reminds me of the saying "keep it simple, stupid." Always good advice.

It's simple, cheap, and we could have it ready as soon as there is a launch window, if Cassini has any way to identify particles and such. if not, well, build another probe for that specific purpose. Will take a little longer, but not ridiculously long, and won't take a whole lot of money(relatively speaking). I honestly think, however, that NASA, the ESA, and JSA should each target different worlds, or work together for a "super mission" to one. Let Russia handle the ISS and all that. They'll get us to Mars eventually. Meanwhile we'll have possibly confirmed life(or not...dun dun dun) on Europa. Or Titan. Or wherever we may go.

N

NebularNeblactics

Off Topic... but i love the "Super Misson" idea. Imagine the possibilities?

B

Balthazar579

NebularNeblactics":2ts9yd85 said:
Off Topic... but i love the "Super Misson" idea. Imagine the possibilities?
I know. Tantalizing. I've always wanted to work out a space mission, complete with cost, launch times....all of it. Perhaps I should make a thread. But meh. Of course, in light of all this Europa mission stuff, anyone heard about those korean taekwondo robots? If they're any good, perhaps they could be reprogrammed...

Status
Not open for further replies.