about remote sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cnhzcy14

hi guys, is there any great textbook about remote sensing?<br />remember, not some engineers' handbook or research book, but students' text book! (of course college stutents)

Y

yevaud

Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation, by Lillesand and Kiefer.<br /><br />Introducing Physical Geography by Alan H. Strahler (one of my Prof's once).<br /><br />Those two will get you started, until you begin to understand all of the nuances. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

C

cnhzcy14

Thanks a lot! But I still think "Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation" is lack of some details. I've got "Physical Principles of Remote Sensing", how about this book?

Y

yevaud

Ah, you've read it. I didn't know from your question how much you already knew or had read.<br /><br />I know of the book, but haven't read it. But it's probably comparable to Introduction to Remote Sensing.<br /><br />Besides, you should specify what you are referring to. Generalistic RS? RS of the Environment? Atmosphere? Weather and Climate? Space Weather? Landforms?<br /><br />They're all different, so they require a certain amount of specialization. But the book you mentioned and I followed up with are good "Gateway" books to that specialization within the field. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.