Aerodynamics

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loser_boy_3

Hi, I know that this doesnt really fit into space, science and astronomy, but you people are for the most part quite intelligent and I was hoping that you might be able to help me anyways.<br />So im writing an essay on the air flow around skyscrapers and basically how this affects us, as pedestrians. I've designed an experiment basically in a wind tunnel where I evaluate the disturbance behind the buildings as smoke passes by. While this is all well and good, I also need a large amount of mathematical background in aerodynamics, especially of solid objects. How do you calculate velocities? Amount of turbulence? Stuff like that. I've read of Bernouille's equation but thats basically all I've found really, I need A LOT more. Do any of you know where I could find some information on this?

L

loser_boy_3

hmm.. how do I do that? lol.. also are there any other mathematical formulae that I can use in this project, eg. to find the force on my objects, for example one with a triangular face, how would i find the force on that? - my tunnel is basically just a big box with a roof but no ends

L

loser_boy_3

ok bump, so ive figured out how to calculate reynold's number and alll that.. any other mathematics I need to know for this experiment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts