Albireo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

astrokid14

Do I have severe light pollution if I can just faintly make out Albireo and cannot see Lyra?

T

tfwthom

I think you need to join an astronomy club.<br /><br />You can see Albireo but not Vega? Vega is the 5th brightest star in the night sky. Vega (in Lyra), along with Deneb (in Cygni) the 18th brightest star, and Altair (in Aquila) the 11th brightest star, form the well-known Summer Triangle. <br /><br />If you can see Vega you have found Lyra.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

V

vogon13

I use Mizar to test for visual seeing conditions.<br /><br />And to check for long term deterioration in my eyesight.<br /><br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts