Alien 5 in 3D

• Thread starter starsinmyeyes44
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZenGalacticore

Well, if all the sequels are any indicator...

It's going to tank.

"Alien" is one of my favs of all time too, and not just in the sci-fi genre.
IMO, "Alien" is one of the best screenplays ever written. And while I enjoyed Cameron's
"Aliens", and thought it worth watching several times, the cliches in the story were almost unbearable.

The best part was the Alien Queen. That was totally cool. Two "Mothers"--Ripley and the Alien Queen-- protecting their own and threatening the other's respective broods and going at it! But the African-American Sargeant, the inept white commissioned officer, and the macho Latina, was really campy.

Michael Beign was great as Reese, though. "Back off. Right now!" :)

But nothing beats the original "Alien".

J

jim48

The first two Alien films were very good, IMO. They should have stopped there.

S

SpacexULA

Facehugger in 3d.... That will be good for some pucker moments at the very least.

If they manage to keep this movie simple, dark, fast, and overwhelming, it will be true to the 1st 2 movies.

I want to come out of the theater traumatized, anything less and I will be angry.

D

docm

Ripley's classic A2 line: "Get away from her you *****!!"

Opening night the whole theater erupted on that one :)

S

StarRider1701

docm":2q2sdubh said:
Ripley's classic A2 line: "Get away from her you *****!!"

Opening night the whole theater erupted on that one :)

Great line, and great fight. If that had been any kind of fighting suit she was wearing rather than a futuristic forklift, she'd have really kicked that Alien Bitches Azz!!! Still a great fight, one definately worth paying to watch.

Prequel...hmm. Wonder what it'll be about? Maybe how those other alien beings found the Aliens, got infested by them, crashed onto that world where, many years later...

I too loved the first two Alien movies, three and four not so much. Also kinda liked the Alien vs Predator concept. This prequel has the potential to be a good flick if they keep it simple and true to the first two movies. One can hope...

Z

ZenGalacticore

Well hey now!!

Having gone back and actually read the link that Stars posted, Ridley Scott will be directing the prequel.
That is good news. The article mentioned that people were dumbfounded that the studio didn't stick with Scott in
the first place.

James Cameron is a talented guy and everything, his main talent being that he knows how to write and direct a story that will appeal to a broad and diverse audience as evinced by "Titanic" and "Avatar". But he's sooooo commercial that in my opinion his style as exemplified in "Aliens", lacks the eerie, sublime feel of the original "Alien".

I mean come on, he's always going with this stale, military, "stellar marines" theme. It's just so cliche and overused. Ridley Scott's style though, reminds me more of Rod Serling. Less is more. And H.R. Giger? Words can't describe what his art does for me, or for "Alien".

I have confidence that Scott will do right by the franchise. And I would think that any prequel will deal with the U-shaped benevolent alien ship that sent the warning signal received by the Nostromo. It could start out: 600 Earth-years ago... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts