Alien: Romulus' has the same problem as 'Prometheus' and 'Alien: Covenant' — and it's bad news for the franchise

Dec 27, 2019
Visit site
I don't think the space transport in Alien is particularly realistic if just has a realistic feel.

How the ships move is just never explained because it's not the focus of the story. They certainly have FTL communications in Aliens and Newt survived for a few weeks before her rescue indicating that they can cross interstellar distances in a few days.

They also have anti grav....

Reactions: Pleiades
Aug 29, 2024
Visit site
Slight offtopic tangent:

There is a small typo in the article:
damning with faint phrase
->
damning with faint praise

This expression was a nice discovery for me, that I had to look it up, and in the Wikipedia it reads as "praise", which makes sense.
Or was the author doing a tongue-in-cheek here? ;-)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2024
Visit site
You know you're allowed to enjoy something right? You don't have to be nitpicky or be overly critical of media to be cool. The movie is good and fun to watch. Prometheus and Covenant are fine movies. The goo is an acceptable plot device that doesn't ruin the Alien lore at all. It really sin't that deep.

I swear. People these days are tryharding to be negative about entertainment. It's sad. Nobody profits from this and only get miserable. You are allowed to enjoy stuff.

Reactions: Alienbishop

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts