American Astronomical Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robnissen

I stopped by the AAS this morning. If you are in the DC area and can get there before 4 when it ends, I highly recommend you stop by, great exhibits and great SWAG. It is at the Marriot at Conneticut and Woodley.

H

harmonicaman

I dunno, the papers they are presenting are really cool and enlightening. They increase our knowledge in several facets of astronomy including, black holes, "The Great Attractor", multiple star-planet systems and much more!<br /><br />I think they are producing more than mere SWAG, in my opinion.

R

robnissen

I agree completely. But the SWAG is cool too. There are several posters I will probably get framed.

M

mikeemmert

AAS had a meeting in Austin several years ago. I was a cab driver at the time. I asked all the customers about their projects. What a great time that was! I probably had the best seat in the house.<br /><br />I got groups on several occasions and they would talk about or sometimes debate about astronomy. I just shut up and lurked.<br /><br />At that time (late '80's, sometime) there was no internet and so I couldn't share the experience. You guys let us know what's going on! Thanks.<br /><br />Somebody want to drop by the Hubble booth and ask if they've determined the mass of Xena yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.