Anatomy Of An Alien

Oct 21, 2019
The popular vision of an ET Alien is rather the same everywhere, but with mass media, that is not surprising at all. In fact, it is to be expected, since media is largely involved in creating news, not reporting it.

Let’s look at ET. His head is large and bulbous, so that it can contain a larger brain. His fingers are long and slender, indicating that he no longer does manual labor because he has developed devices to do all of his work for him. He is small and fragile, because his technology has relieved him of the need for physical strength. His eyes are large, probably because he is into visual rather than physical activities. He wears no clothes, because he has progressed past the need for modesty. He carries no tools or weapons because his superior intellect allows him to control humans without physical interaction.

What can we discover about the ramifications of these physical properties? Look at our own evolution, and it is clear that each of these attributes is a natural evolutionary extrapolation of what we would look like if we continue to evolve along our current evolutionary path. Since it is natural for most people to assume that in order for ET Aliens to visit us they would have to be far advanced, this is then a natural expectation of what ET “should” look like.

If there had been no UFO flap, and no “sightings” of “abductions”, and people were asked to describe what an ET Alien would probably be like, they would all most likely come up with an “alien grey” or something very similar.

There is one other factor which is never talked about. If we assume that ET Aliens would naturally be far more advanced than we, it would be extremely unlikely that ANYONE would EVER propose that ET was “insectoid”, or “reptilian”, or a “bug-eyed monster”. It would be unthinkable, not to mention treasonable, to assume that any of those could be superior to us. The only entities which could possibly be superior to us is……….our own evolved selves.

Stereotypical ET Aliens are clearly the creation of the projection of our own advancing evolution. They are really the only likely form our imaginations would create, but they are certainly not what nature would be likely to create on a distant world. I would be greatly surprised if distant independent genesis and evolution produced beings that so closely resembled humans. There is no compelling reason that evolution should choose this form over the thousands of other possible forms in the complex chain of evolutionary development.

Perhaps someone can provide a compelling argument for independent parallel evolution.

MMohammed

Assistant Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2019
There is no compelling reason that evolution should choose this form over the thousands of other possible forms in the complex chain of evolutionary development.
100% agree, which is why it's hard for me to take seriously anything I conjure up in my head about how an alien species would look. It's all perception based on imagery that's already in my mind.

rod

Oct 22, 2019
I note here the comment "Perhaps someone can provide a compelling argument for independent parallel evolution." The term is convergent evolution and is used frequently to explain different fossils that have similar 3-D forms or parts in the fossil record, so convergent evolution is reported in science journals. We have more than 4,000 exoplanets documented now. How would *independent genesis* of life work on exoplanets unless we assume that life originates via spontaneous combustion from non-living matter. I recently watched a SCI channel program where molten rock evolved into a type of molten life form on an alien exoplanet - astrobiology thinking. The Periodic Table of the Elements has rules concerning chemistry too that impacts how life adapts and evolves. How live evolves via spontaneous combustion from non-living matter and thus how independent genesis takes place spread across many different exoplanets or on a small number, has not been observed and measured in astronomy like the solar parallax for determining the astronomical unit.

Oct 21, 2019
I note here the comment "Perhaps someone can provide a compelling argument for independent parallel evolution." The term is convergent evolution and is used frequently to explain different fossils that have similar 3-D forms or parts in the fossil record, so convergent evolution is reported in science journals. We have more than 4,000 exoplanets documented now. How would *independent genesis* of life work on exoplanets unless we assume that life originates via spontaneous combustion from non-living matter. I recently watched a SCI channel program where molten rock evolved into a type of molten life form on an alien exoplanet - astrobiology thinking. The Periodic Table of the Elements has rules concerning chemistry too that impacts how life adapts and evolves. How live evolves via spontaneous combustion from non-living matter and thus how independent genesis takes place spread across many different exoplanets or on a small number, has not been observed and measured in astronomy like the solar parallax for determining the astronomical unit.
Convergent Evolution is not the same as Independent Parallel Evolution as I used it, Independent being the key word. On Earth, two factors provide for Convergent Evolution, DNA and Environment. Since all living things on Earth share some DNA, and in many cases, a great deal of DNA, it is reasonable that certain characteristics would evolve separately. Also, the environment largely determines many adaptations.
On another planet, with no shared DNA, or possibly no DNA, and with an environment that may be different, even dramatically different, Independent Parallel Evolution between the Earth and that planet is unlikely, if not virtually impossible.

rod

Oct 22, 2019
Okay, is the Periodic Table of the Elements on your model exoplanet the same as Earth and are the laws of chemistry the same? My answer is yes so life on another exoplanet would have real limitations considering how it could be created via spontaneous combustion from non-living matter and then continue to evolve. When we consider there are more than 4,000 documented exoplanets now and none have been shown to have life evolving on them or E.T. phoning home (not even in our own solar system), I consider this model exoplanet with alien life evolving and growing, largely conjecture and speculation, not scientific fact like measurements supporting the solar parallax defining the astronomical unit or measurements showing the distance from Earth to the Moon or stellar parallax measurements showing the distance to various stars.

Oct 21, 2019
Okay, is the Periodic Table of the Elements on your model exoplanet the same as Earth.. yadda, yadda, yadda.......
I disagree. You are ignoring the tenants of my scenario, and making assumption far beyond any rationale. As such, I see any further discussion pointless.

Jan 24, 2020
The popular vision of an ET Alien is rather the same everywhere, but with mass media, that is not surprising at all. In fact, it is to be expected, since media is largely involved in creating news, not reporting it.

Let’s look at ET. His head is large and bulbous, so that it can contain a larger brain. His fingers are long and slender, indicating that he no longer does manual labor because he has developed devices to do all of his work for him. He is small and fragile, because his technology has relieved him of the need for physical strength. His eyes are large, probably because he is into visual rather than physical activities. He wears no clothes, because he has progressed past the need for modesty. He carries no tools or weapons because his superior intellect allows him to control humans without physical interaction.

What can we discover about the ramifications of these physical properties? Look at our own evolution, and it is clear that each of these attributes is a natural evolutionary extrapolation of what we would look like if we continue to evolve along our current evolutionary path. Since it is natural for most people to assume that in order for ET Aliens to visit us they would have to be far advanced, this is then a natural expectation of what ET “should” look like.

If there had been no UFO flap, and no “sightings” of “abductions”, and people were asked to describe what an ET Alien would probably be like, they would all most likely come up with an “alien grey” or something very similar.

There is one other factor which is never talked about. If we assume that ET Aliens would naturally be far more advanced than we, it would be extremely unlikely that ANYONE would EVER propose that ET was “insectoid”, or “reptilian”, or a “bug-eyed monster”. It would be unthinkable, not to mention treasonable, to assume that any of those could be superior to us. The only entities which could possibly be superior to us is……….our own evolved selves.

Stereotypical ET Aliens are clearly the creation of the projection of our own advancing evolution. They are really the only likely form our imaginations would create, but they are certainly not what nature would be likely to create on a distant world. I would be greatly surprised if distant independent genesis and evolution produced beings that so closely resembled humans. There is no compelling reason that evolution should choose this form over the thousands of other possible forms in the complex chain of evolutionary development.

Perhaps someone can provide a compelling argument for independent parallel evolution.

Jan 24, 2020
Unless the "Greys" are genetically engineered interstellar explorers. Small stature = more crew in smaller craft (less life support needed)
No "mouth"/jaw = use energy pellet with complete absorbing of nutrient (no liquid or solid waste, simplified digestive system)
No obvious sexual dimorphism= why do explorers need sex?
Enlarged head contains expanded brain or quantum computer in helmet
"Eyes" capable of seeing more of the spectrum than we see (what parts of the spectrum would be most useful to an interstellar traveler?).
We are not seeing the actual physical form of their kind on their world.
Unless:
If this IS what they look like, then I postulate that:
No body hair = live in a controlled environment (domed cities);
No sexual dimorphism = controlled birthrate, in vitro generation;
Pelletized food = overcrowded planet, maybe Soylent Green? (the ultimate recycling);
Eyes are covered because they see a different spectrum of light than Earth's sun;
Small stature = again overcrowding.
I have to guess the exterior we see is a suit - I don't think they'd expose their skin to alien germs.

Dec 11, 2019
Maybe the greys that are being talked about are us from the future or in a timeline that went wrong. Such as these beings maybe us when we let transhumanism and AI take over. So it could be they are coming to a point in time where they can still get the pure genetics from the original human to try and save themselves since they lost all reproduction abilities.

But then if that were to be so why wouldn't they just announce that for everyone to hear so we don't end up doing it?

Reactions: Dwight Huth

Dwight Huth

BANNED
Oct 22, 2019
But, if the same method of how DNA and RNA came to Earth passed through another planet, via Dark Matter, where that planet had water and similar elements of Earth and a comparable sun, then wouldn't life evolve on those planets be nearly the same as on Earth and would therefore share the same base DNA and RNA of human and plants on Earth?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts