Another chance for Kistler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nacnud

The rocket company that never died...<br /><br />Rocketplane's Majority Owner Buys Kistler<br /><font color="yellow">By Lon L. Rains<br />Space News Editor<br />posted: 27 February 2006<br />01:56 pm ET<br /><br />WASHINGTON – The majority owner of Rocketplane Limited, Inc., an Oklahoma City, Okla.-based company building a reusable space plane for the suborbital tourism market, is adding Kistler Aerospace to his portfolio and initially intends to use its design for a reusable orbital vehicle to compete for business from NASA such as delivering supplies to the international space station. More at link.<br /><br /><font color="white">So is this another chance for Kistler, or a stay of execution. I'd love to see the K-1 fly but it has been going no where for such a long time now.</font></font>

M

mikejz

He could of very well simply bought them for there hardware and machining tools.<br /><br />They also, AFAIK have a good inventory of russian engines.

M

mikejz

Personally, I think it is mainly due to the fact that they looked at SpaceX and learned that they should look to others mistakes and try and fix them with a fresh approach, rather than start with a fresh approach and make new mistakes. IE Engine.

L

ldyaidan

I would think that the equipment that Kistler has might be useful to Rocketplane. Recycling the equipment, and possibly some of their ideas might really help. Since I live in Oklahoma, I am really rooting for Rocketplane to be successful.

L

ldyaidan

I would think that the equipment that Kistler has might be useful to Rocketplane. Recycling the equipment, and possibly some of their ideas might really help. Since I live in Oklahoma, I am really rooting for Rocketplane to be successful.<br /><br />Rae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts