Anti-matter vs. dark matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neutron_star6

I just recently read an article dealing with both subjects but in different texts. So I came to question of whether dark matter has anything to do with anti-matter, or vise versa. Considering we still dont know much or if anything at all about dark matter and are working to actually harness the power of anti matter maybe the two are interrelated. Just a thought of mine.

T

tom_hobbes

Sounds like a Roald Dahl character. Auntie Darkmatter... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#339966"> I wish I could remember<br /> But my selective memory<br /> Won't let me</font><font size="2" color="#99cc00"> </font><font size="3" color="#339966"><font size="2">- </font></font><font size="1" color="#339966">Mark Oliver Everett</font></p><p> </p> </div>

H

hayagreeva

Lead kindly light- appears to be appropriate.<br />Plasma-Arcs and Electromgnetic phenomena interactions<br />can help dispel these doubts<br />Cosmology Vedas

I

iron_sun_254

Anti-matter is matter where the polarities and other characteristics of the particles are reversed and when anti-matter and matter come into contact they annialate eachother as they are converted into pure energy<br /><br />Dark matter is a casth-all phrase which refers to "stuff we can't detect" but in recent times it is used almost exclusively to refer to hypothetical particles which barely (if at all) interact with normal matter except via gravity. It is used to explain why galaxies, such as the Milky Way, behave as though there is significantly more mass than is visible. Accocrding to such theories, there is about 9 times as much dark matter as normal matter. <br /><br />So, anti-matter and dark matter are very differant things. One is extremly detectable and has been seen and the other is currently only hypothetical

Y

yevaud

Hayagreeva, I have politely warned you three times now to not post that sort of thing here. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

A

alokmohan

Inapproriate thing in science progrmme. He should be cautioned again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS