anyone hear about Titan???

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mtrotto7287

hey- did you guys hear about Titan? i guess we got a sattellite within 750 miles of it (note: it may be kilometers, i just know it was 750 something) !!!!!<br /><br />if you didn't already know this- and according to most of the knowledge you seem to have in your posts, im sure you do- Titan is one of the EXTREMELY RARE moons that have atmospheres. Titan's is a nitrogen atmosphere, and supposedly, NASA has already discovered one continent, of some sort, on its surface.<br /><br />if i understand correctly (and the only reason i know any of this, i admit, is because we just talked about it in my astronomy class) - Titan is such a cold moon, that most of its surface is supposed to be made up of frozen methane. <br /><br />anyway, the sattellite is said to have been able to pick up any details the size of a football field and up, since it came so close! NASA should be releasing some pictures very soon (infact, some may be posted on their site later tonight, i'll have to check)! <br /><br />please feel free to correct me on anything i was wrong about- or just tell me a little more about this moon- im very interested<br /><br />~peace~

M

mtrotto7287

oops- i just realized there is already a thread about this!<br />see this thread (its not in the ASK ASTRONOMER section):<br /><font color="blue"><br />AlexBlackwell<br />molecule<br />07/16/04 06:54 PM<br /> <br />Unveiling Titan<br /></font>/safety_wrapper>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts