Anyone willing to survey an exam for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrenalynn

Sorry I haven't been around much, things have been hectic...

I got roped into first coordinating a regional physical science competition, and now I'm off doing a statewide physics event.

My lab is pretty well in-hand, just waiting on my magnets (poor UPS driver. THAT'S gotta be a dangerous box! 100 good-sized (30lb ea lifting force) Nd N52 magnets...)

I needed to create an exam targeting AP Physics to maybe 2nd year physics students. Needs to run about an hour, but I'd like for them not to have time to complete (help separate the scores). Subject matter is loosely Work/Energy/Power. Students are expected to know concepts, definitions and basic equations for work, kinetic energy, gravitational potential energy, spring potential energy, power, electric energy stored in capacitors, electrical power, heat produced in electrical resistance, work done by fluids, fluid power, rotational work, rotational power, efficiency of conversions based on work, energy, and power.

I would like, via PM or email (obviously I can't post this in the open) to have someone(s) work through the exam and then I can double-check my work. I'd also like to know if there are any equations you had to look-up, and how you feel it fits with the subject matter, and if you think it's targeted appropriately.

This would help me out a ton. I'd hate to screw this up, and curriculum design is not my area of expertise. Not to mention that physics was a bunch simpler the last time I was in AP Physics... The forces were all unified and the whole "gravity thang" was still new... ;) I plan to have the exam ready for review by mid-saturday...

Please let me know if you can help me out! TIA!

A

aphh

Did I understand correctly, that you would need a guinea-pig to "test drive" the exam?

I am a 1st year physics student and all of the mentioned items rang a bell, but I'm still not sure if I fit the bill. I am not a great student, however, but a slacker. More interested in the philosophical questions of physics, chemistry and astronomy rather than the equations.

But you could still send me a PM, if you think I might be of help.

A

adrenalynn

PM away! Thanks!

None of you other physics gurus willing to help me out? Probably a walk in the park for you all.

M

MeteorWayne

Oh what the heck. Probably way over my current head (I have been out of school for manymanymanymany decades) but the mental exrecise wouldn't hurt. Not sure I can provide any useful feedback, but if I have any I'll send it. :)

A

aphh

I can recommend this exam. If you have some level of command in physics, you should take it and see how you fare.

I will now try to pass it, so some radio silence from my side ensues ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts