Arcturus

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunee

I was in Bombay India. At 1 am Indian Standard Time i spotted a bright firelike star in the sky. This was closer and bigger than any other star. It outshone the rest. The top Peak of the star kept moving up and down, My window faced the west, according to googel earth. Was this the Arcturus.

S

sunee

nightsky.com said that on the 7th Arcturus could be spotted. That would mean American night. Any thing relative to that??

D

dragon04

Arcturus would appear reddish.<br /><br />If what you saw looked bluish or white, it was probably Sirius. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"2012.. Year of the Dragon!! Get on the Dragon Wagon!".</em> </div>

S

sunee

It was reddish. Sorry the site that said watch for Arcturus was skytonight.com (7th March)

H

heyscottie

The only problem is if you were viewing at about 1 AM in Bombay, Arcturus would be a little to the east, not to the west. My guess is that you were seeing Saturn, which would have appeared quite bright and reddish, and would show up in the west at that time and place.

M

MeteorWayne

I don't find Saturn reddish, rather it's creamy colored, compared to Jupiter or Venus. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.