Artistic/Informative Commemoration of ISS

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ogg_Vobis

My name is Eric and I am a musician and composer. I have thought of an idea to commemorate the completion of ISS, the most significant international project of any kind ever achieved.

I've written a suite for orch. and would like to see it set to visuals of ISS and STS program. NASA, ESA, JAXA, etc. have extant video available for public use (much of it in HD). The music is modern but impressionistic and expressive...think Ravel meets Steve Reich.

I am looking for a video editor who wants to collaborate on this project. I am in the process of recording the music with virtual instruments (perhaps someday a "live" ensemble would perform or record it).

The purpose of the project would be for display on SPACE.COM or I also believe it could be useful in educational science centers or planetarium projection, etc.

It would be great to work with someone who would like to not only cut visuals to the music, but would also help take this to the next level.

I like to go outside to look at ISS pass, and as I do, I am struck by the inspiring beauty of what humans can achieve while overcoming language and cultural barriers, etc. It represents a basic good in us. We do not have enough reminders of our creative powers. I think there is also great beauty in science and technology.

I've reached out to Ames, KSC and JSC and they are really wonderful people who want to help. However they do not produce their own video productions, it is done by contractors. But they have really wanted to see someone commemorate this great achievement.

I'd like to hear about your ideas. Shoot me an e-mail ericsandmeyer@yahoo.com or reply here. Samples of music available. Let's do something for this! :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts