Asteroids may have picked up building blocks of life from interstellar clouds

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
I thought came to my head, maybe asteroids are alien spaceships of sorts. If it's true that truly advanced societies never make it to the stars, maybe they might use basic organic material to perpetuate life on other planets. Thus, launch them out knowing that somewhere in space it will meet a planet and life will form.

Reactions: Manix
Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
I thought came to my head, maybe asteroids are alien spaceships of sorts. If it's true that truly advanced societies never make it to the stars, maybe they might use basic organic material to perpetuate life on other planets. Thus, launch them out knowing that somewhere in space it will meet a planet and life will form.
It's an interesting idea for sure.

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
I have always been a fan of panspermia and finds like this reinforce the idea that this is how life gets seeded across our galxy as well as the universe has a whole. It also means that most carbon based life-forms out there will be similar to the ones here on Earth, especially those on planets with the same conditions (gravity etc.) as on Earth. This obviously isn't the rule, but if more evidence is found for this, then I feel panspermia IS the answer to how life is seeded throughout our universe. If asteroids/ meteors/ comets crash into a planet that sits in the goldilocks zone, then it is quite easy to see this is the catalyst for life springing forth from these basic building blocks.

Latest posts