astronaut arrested at OIA on attempted kidnapping, battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rvastro

According to the police report-it was recommened that she is be held without bond.

G

gunsandrockets

This topic should move to the free space forum. What does it have to do with missions and launches?

E

edkyle98

>"This topic should move to the free space forum. What does it have to do with missions and launches?"<<br /><br />Don't astronauts have everything to do with human missions and launches? I believe that this merits discussion, if nothing else as a lesson in the human weaknesses of the astronaut corps. <br /><br />This wouldn't be the first relationship "situation" among astronauts. It is the first, unfortunately, with a really awful mug shot that guarantees plenty of news and talk show coverage.<br /><br />It will be very instructive to see how NASA's astronaut office responds to the news media tomorrow.<br /><br />Hopefully Ms. Nowak will get a good attorney, and good counseling.<br /><br /> - Ed Kyle

M

mikeemmert

newsartist, I'm afraid I have to concur with edkyle98. Since there'a already a thread in Free Space, this would be a duplicate. This thread obviously has a great deal to do with Missions and Launches. It could be really disruptive of scheduling and such things, not to mention that Mrs. Nowak's debreifings are disrupted which disrupts training. Get real.<br /><br />Doing anything to this thread looks like a coverup. Imagine the headlines "TOP SPACE BLOG SHUNTS NOWAK STORY TO TRASH BIN". SDC would look bad, NASA would look bad, America would look bad. <br /><br />It would look worse than Mrs. Nowak coming after her love rival equiped like the Wolf Brigade & using astronaut training. Since nobody came with her, that's just her. If SDC tries to cover her arse, then that's the whole space program, along with America and the concept of the First Amendment.<br /><br />I would suggest instead that our most experienced posters, which includes you newsartist, keep us current on actual effects this has on mission and launches, which is going to be a considerable amount of material. Since my posts are Space Science and Astronomy or Free Space, I don't feel qualified so I'm going to post about this in Free Space.<br /><br />I strongly suggest that this thread not only not be moved or locked, but also that the people who care keep the rest of us current about the effects on the Space Program. I don't think, ultimately, that it will be any worse than the effects of criminal charges in the NFL, which obviously affects rosters. Any group of people has individuals who commit crimes.

H

hansolo0

I just caught this on the comcast news online and can' t believe it??!! Who'd ever think someone so intelligent and have so much going for them (career and family, etc) could do something so stupid????? Pretty wild!

J

JonClarke

This thread will be locked because of duplicate thread in free space.<br /><br />Jon <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts