Astronauts involved in Propulsion Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomnicolaides

<div><font face="Arial" size="2"><span class="813035016-15072008">For some time I've been trying to find which astronauuts were involved in propulsion testing.&nbsp; I know that most are assigned to specific duties - life support, rendezvous, EVA, etc.&nbsp; I work at Stennis Space Center and my office is in the test stand where the Saturn booster was tested.&nbsp; I'm trying to get a road, building, test stand or something named after one of the earlier pioneers.&nbsp; I'm tired of things around here being named after politicians.</span></font></div> <div><font face="Arial" size="2"></font>&nbsp;</div> <div><font face="Arial" size="2"><span class="813035016-15072008">Our center director has indicated to me that he will push for having such a tribute done if I do the research.&nbsp; All I've been able to find so far - without confirmation - is that Deke Slayton and Gene Cernan were involved in propulsion systems and test. </span></font></div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>Any help is greatly appreciated.</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>Tom Nicolaides&nbsp;</div>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>For some time I've been trying to find which astronauuts were involved in propulsion testing.&nbsp; I know that most are assigned to specific duties - life support, rendezvous, EVA, etc.&nbsp; I work at Stennis Space Center and my office is in the test stand where the Saturn booster was tested.&nbsp; I'm trying to get a road, building, test stand or something named after one of the earlier pioneers.&nbsp; I'm tired of things around here being named after politicians. &nbsp; Our center director has indicated to me that he will push for having such a tribute done if I do the research.&nbsp; All I've been able to find so far - without confirmation - is that Deke Slayton and Gene Cernan were involved in propulsion systems and test. &nbsp;Any help is greatly appreciated.&nbsp;Tom Nicolaides&nbsp; <br /> Posted by tomnicolaides</DIV></p><p>Here's is quite an exhaustive timeline of the history of the Saturn V.&nbsp; I didn't read it (way too long), but as extensive as it appears to be, I think you might find what you are looking for.&nbsp; At least, it should get you going in the right direction.</p><p>http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/saturnv.htm</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

C

Cygnus_2112

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>For some time I've been trying to find which astronauuts were involved in propulsion testing.&nbsp; I know that most are assigned to specific duties - life support, rendezvous, EVA, etc.&nbsp; I work at Stennis Space Center and my office is in the test stand where the Saturn booster was tested.&nbsp; I'm trying to get a road, building, test stand or something named after one of the earlier pioneers.&nbsp; I'm tired of things around here being named after politicians. &nbsp; Our center director has indicated to me that he will push for having such a tribute done if I do the research.&nbsp; All I've been able to find so far - without confirmation - is that Deke Slayton and Gene Cernan were involved in propulsion systems and test. &nbsp;Any help is greatly appreciated.&nbsp;Tom Nicolaides&nbsp; <br /> Posted by tomnicolaides</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The astronauts were assigned spacecraft systems.&nbsp; The whole booster as assigned as a system.&nbsp; i don't think you are going to get the answer that you are looking for. &nbsp; If any was assigned to propulsion, it would have been&nbsp; for a spacecraft which weren't tested at SSC </p>

C

Carrickagh

<p>2 book resources&nbsp;I might recommend:</p><p>Stages to Saturn, published 2007 or 2008.</p><p>Chariots for Apollo (a NASA publication) published circa 1969.</p><p>These may have what you seek.</p><p>*<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.