Astronomical Survey to Get GPS Coordinate

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vilotwind

<p>hallo,</p><p>I was discussing with a friend about GPS coordinate he said that there is a way to get coordinate&nbsp;by stare observation instate of GPS this cold astronomical coordinate and astronomical survey and you can get better result than GPS.</p><p>IS THAT TRUE... and if it is Then How can we&nbsp; do it? do we use GPS for that? or we use a different instruments.?</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>hallo,I was discussing with a friend about GPS coordinate he said that there is a way to get coordinate&nbsp;by stare observation instate of GPS this cold astronomical coordinate and astronomical survey and you can get better result than GPS.IS THAT TRUE... and if it is Then How can we&nbsp; do it? do we use GPS for that? or we use a different instruments.?&nbsp; <br />Posted by vilotwind</DIV><br /><br />Welcome to Space.com. Unfortunately your post's english is not clear about what you are asking. I can't imagine what "cold astronomical coordinate" means.</p><p>Can you perhaps try again? We'd like to help.</p><p>Wayne</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

V

vilotwind

<p>What I mean is can I get my postion coordinate (B,L) using astronomical survey by ( stares postions survey ) instate of using GPS. my friend said yes we can and we will get better result and it is more accurate than GPS.</p><p>Is that&nbsp; true.</p><p>and if it is true how can we do it, what instrument can use to do that.<br />I hope that i am clear.</p>

V

votefornimitz

<p>I'd imagine so, as you can get your latitude by just gauging the altitude of the north star at you location....</p><p>If you are lucky enough to be in the hemisphere with the easily visilble polar star... </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts