Astronomy Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saiph

On April 15th I will be attending the Mid-America Regional Astrophysics Conference (MARAC) in Kansas City.<br /><br />If you see any topics you are interested in at: http://www.physics.ku.edu/marac/titles.html I'd be more than happy to take notes and report back. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

S

Saiph

Actually, I could probably get her to post here, she's done so in the past and I work with her daily.<br /><br />I'm not sure about the pre-prints. That's likely to be on an individual basis. Try looking at the Nasa archive "ADS" for papers. I believe it's open to the public, and has tons of papers. "ADS" in google will bring up the right page. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

S

Saiph

Nice set of papers. As for getting the actual person to post on that topic, she's touring a grad school for the weekend, so sometime early next week you might see it. If not, I'll put something up after talking to her. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Y

yruc

Is the conference open to the public and is there any cost to attend? I'm not to far from there (Lawrence) and would love to attend. Right now waiting on word from school if I was selected to go to Fermi National Accelerator Laboratories the same weekend. If I do not get go to Fermi, I would definately try and attend a couple of the lectures, if allowed.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Yruc

S

Saiph

Fermi lab is <i>awesome</i>. BIG toys! I loved it, and the huge focault pendulum in their main building.<br /><br />IIRC, it is open to the public. However I also believe there is a small registration fee (~<$25) for both days. That's mostly to help fund the invited speaker and cover their small costs (IIRC). I'll check with my advisor on that tommorrow. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Y

yruc

woohoo got the word I *should* be going to Fermi National Accelerator Laboratories that weekend. The school just has to deside how were getting there, car pooling or vans... <br /><br />There is the National Astronomy day events going on this same weekend down at Union Station.<br /><br />http://www.askconline.org/2005astroday.htm<br /><br />Wish I could clone myself a couple of times and goto all 3 events!

S

Saiph

It's a busy weekend. That sunday after the conference I am going to help run the local Astronomy Day events. I get to teach kids about astronomy. Fun stuff.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts