Astronomy

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oliversen

Thanks for the answer to my previous question. I was wondering how can I find out when the constellation of Pisces and the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn happened around 6 to 2 B.C.?

N

newtonian

oliversen - Just curious: is this somehow related to star of Bethlehem models since Jesus was born 2 BCE, about 10/1/2BCE?<br /><br />Note, however, that Jesus was likely over 1 year old by this time.<br /><br />And what do you mean by 'the constellation of Pisces happened?'

S

Saiph

easiest option, get ahold of an astronomy observatory software and set the date back that far...they're fairly accurate, especially with such broad margin for error (the width of a constellation in this case).<br /><br />If you dig around, there's some pretty good free ones out there for download. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

O

oliversen

Yes, but He was born in 4 B.C. I remember from a Planetarium program 30 years or so ago that he mentioned the star and planet alignment of "House of the Hebrews." I checked the other answer given to my first question and now I am trying out the answer that dealt with Pisces, Jupiter and Saturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts