Avengers News

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drwayne

Now that Joss Whedon is officially directing The Avengers, he's willing to talk more about his ideas. He told us the Civil War rift between Captain America and Iron Man might show up. And he killed that Nathan Fillion/Ant-Man rumor.

While working the press line at AMC's From Dusk Till Con, Comic Con party we got the chance to ask Whedon just what he plans to do with The Avengers - specifically with the complicated relationship between Tony Stark and Iron Man.

The interview at Gizmodo:

http://io9.com/5595293/will-joss-whedon ... -asked-him

Z

ZenGalacticore

So, is Spider Man going to make a cameo appearence and swing through one split-second scene in the "Avengers" movie? You know, like he sometimes did in the comic books?

S

starsinmyeyes44

MeteorWayne":15xwpxuo said:
Oh, Those Avengers... :(

We're needed Mrs. Peel ;)

That's who I thought of, too....

tumblr_l27ldciejX1qzho54o1_400.jpg

I'm not as familiar with these guys...

2009%5Cenglish%5Ct%5Cthe_avengers.jpg

B

bdewoody

starsinmyeyes44":3n213oov said:
MeteorWayne":3n213oov said:

I'm not as familiar with these guys...

2009%5Cenglish%5Ct%5Cthe_avengers.jpg

Me three, I was already wondering who was going to be cast as Mrs. Peel.

S

StarRider1701

starsinmyeyes44":2o4m5vp9 said:
MeteorWayne":2o4m5vp9 said:

I had SUCH a crush on Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) when I was a young man. What a total hottie! Definately my first (actress) love!

But I am also quite familiar with those other Avengers, too. Read most of thier comics both individually and as the Avenger group. I too wonder if Spidey will put in a cameo appearance. I remember the mag where he decided to try out to become an Avenger. The money was good... And so was the mag!

Looking forward to the movie.

C

CalliArcale

While I am somewhat familiar with the comic book Avengers (not much; I'm more of a DC gal), I have to "fourth" the John Steed/Emma Peel line of thought as being the first thing that popped into my head (followed shortly by "dear God, let it not suck like the movie did").

M

MeteorWayne

Yes, there was only one Mrs. Peel, and I had a lust and crush on her too...and still do :)

D

docm

The major participants in the Avengers film will be

Iron Man/Tony Stark: Robert Downey Jr.

Thor: Chris Hemsworth

Captain America/Steve Rogers: Chris Evans

Hulk/Bruce Banner: Mark Ruffalo

Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff: Scarlett Johansson

Hawkeye/Clint Barton: Jeremy Renner

Loki: Tom Hiddleston

Nick Fury (director of S.H.I.E.L.D.): Samuel L. Jackson

"Dum Dum" Dugan (agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.): Neal McDonough

Phil Coulson (agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.): Clark Gregg

A

a_lost_packet_

docm":3ic0ngdl said:
...Hulk/Bruce Banner: Mark Ruffalo..

It's a shame Ed Norton isn't doing it. From what I could pick up after looking around, he's not the easiest actor to get along with. It doesn't appear it's a money issue. Apparently, Marvel thinks he's somewhat... intractable?

Man.. How can you be a very recognizable and well known actor and not be thankful for every role you get and every opportunity extended to you? Sure, I don't know the full story. Maybe he was treated badly.. I dunno. But, what is it with famous actors and other personalities that have bad reputations for being jerks on the set? Damn.. If I were such an actor (And evidently cared so much about being one.) I'd be the happiest guy on every set.

D

docm

Marvel's getting a rep (a good one IMO) for NOT putting up with prima-donnas; they ditched Terrence Howard for that crap after Iron Man and now Ed Norton, and it didn't surprise me one bit. Marvel has a lot of money on the line with Avengers (and its likely sequels) and doesn't need an ensemble cast civil-war.

A

a_lost_packet_

docm":3458pkod said:
Marvel's getting a rep (a good one IMO) for NOT putting up with prima-donnas; they ditched Terrence Howard for that crap after Iron Man and now Ed Norton, and it didn't surprise me one bit. Marvel has a lot of money on the line with Avenger and doesn't need a cast civil-war.

I agree that they would definitely want to maximize the chances for success and having someone on board who was difficult to deal with would certainly not do that. The Avengers is a team and the movie has to be a team effort. If Norton doesn't play well with others, I can see why Marvel wouldn't want to work with him any longer.

But, being asked to leave, so to speak, because you're a jerk should sting a bit, shouldn't it? Then again, maybe his ego/personality simply doesn't care? That's such a shame.

D

docm

It's egoism & narcissism. I've known several people like that; their first instinct is to blame everyone else for what happened. All too common in Hollyweird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts