Babylon 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin1gamer

Anyone here like Babylon 5? I for one love it, Babylon 5 and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (which, coincidentally, are both by J. Michael Straczynski, and both take place on space stations) are my favorite TV shows of all time. I invite other Babylon 5 fans to come and discuss the show, it's spin-off (Crusade), the books, and everything else that has to do with it. I have included some links to where you can watch the show online, legally (and free; except for Zune and possibly a few others)!

Links
Hulu

SurfTheChannel

B

bdewoody

I think Bab 5 is the all time best sci-fi space series. But why didn't you post this in Sci-Fi? I rented and watched the whole thing on Netflix about 6 months ago.

K

kevin1gamer

bdewoody":173k1v9s said:
I think Bab 5 is the all time best sci-fi space series. But why didn't you post this in Sci-Fi? I rented and watched the whole thing on Netflix about 6 months ago.

I didn't know there was a science fiction forum, sorry.

S

StarRider1701

B5 is my all time favorite SF series as well. I missed some of the first year's episodes so I even bought the first year on disks. I also watched the spin off, but even though Crusade had an interesting premise, it just wasn't as good as B5.

C

crazyeddie

B5 has the honor of being the only series that I thought was worthy of owning in it's entirely on DVD. Even though it's CGI is primitive by today's standards, it is proof that a good story trumps buxom babes and good special effects any day.

C

CalliArcale

B5 is awesome, and while the CGI isn't as good at you can get today (a decade later), it stands up pretty well all the same. More to the point, the stories are so good. And you really do need to watch the whole thing in order, because while the individual episodes are good, there are much bigger stories being told across whole seasons. These aren't wussy little story arcs, either. These are stories in their own right.

It is my second-favorite TV series. My favorite will always be Doctor Who. ;-)

D

doublehelix

I watched a number of episodes during its first-run, but remember very little. Friends of mine have praised it, though, and I have been intrigued. I will have to check it out on Hulu.

-dh

N

neomaine

Absolutely my favorite SciFi of all time. And I've loved alot of them. Been through the series (all 5 seasons) multiple times and am going them again now. Still pick things I either missed or didn't catch before. Yes, story arcs that last the whole 5 seasons.

But, anyone just catching the series is seriously spoiled. Try being addicted to the show and waiting to see what night it was on, wondering what time it was on and even what network was showing it! :roll:

Have you read any of the books yet? Very very good in their own right. There's a Psi Corps series showing the background (mostly) and future for Psi Corp. Badly need another series to include Ms. Alexander. Too much potential there. Though she does show up in the books, its only as a side note. I won't put any spoilers here...

The technomage (Passing of the Technomages?) was incredible. It adds a whole new deminsion to the Bablyon 5 universe. Another excellent read.

There's one more book series but it escapes me now... Hmmm. Looks like I'll be re-reading them over the holidays... :D

C

crazyeddie

There was so much to the Babylon 5 universe, it's a shame that there were never any spin-offs. The Legend of the Rangers movie was a disaster, but there was so many other story lines they could have mined.

V

Valcan

Babylon 5 was great. Not just because it accually explored why things happen and there consequences but also because the bad guys werent so cleche.

And because i know its ironic to say it about a scifi series but it was real. The wars were messy, ugly and cruel. The people fighting them were mostly not. Everything wasnt cut and dry. Last truely good space series. Galactica was awesome but got to preachy and drama oriented in the end. People like the fights in space most it seemed. Was better than all startrek series (hate startrek).

Anyways wish they would come out with something like it no Really good scifi movies or series have been out in awhile to me.

B

bearack

Valcan":14f5222n said:
Babylon 5 was great. Not just because it accually explored why things happen and there consequences but also because the bad guys werent so cleche.

I agree. Also, the good guys played the bad roles on more than one occassion. More of a reality spin than most.

Great show that I wish it would come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts