Bad Astronomy *dot* com

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pizzaguy

Forgive me if it's already been discussed, but Phil's website has won a Scientific American "Best of the Web" award for 2004.<br /><b><br />To every smarty-pants who ever had to stifle her chuckles when overhearing some ninny explain that the reason the sky is blue is because it's reflecting the color of the ocean, welcome home. Philip Plait has made a career out of gleefully debunking bad astronomy. Confidential to half the world: There is no connection between equinoxes and standing eggs on their ends, so stop sending him photos already. What separates the site from a know-it-all's log of transgressions and makes it a ton of education fun: For every infraction Plait cites in a movie such as, say, Red Planet, he corrects it with “Good Astronomy” and also points out where films, TV and the news are getting it right--sadly, nowhere near as often as they miss the mark.</b><br /> <br />If you haven't had the pleasure of his site, go here: www.badastronomy.com<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1"><em>Note to Dr. Henry:  The testosterone shots are working!</em></font> </div>

T

thechemist

I fully concur ... <br />A "must" see and read ! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>I feel better than James Brown.</em> </div>

J

jcdenton

A well deserved award!<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

It's an outstanding site and not a bad forum either!<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts