Battle LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JasonChapman

It seems alien invasion film could be all the range next year, this looks like it could be a major CGI feast.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb3zC8z94w[/youtube]

F

FlatEarth

Hi, Jason, and thanks for posting the vid.

I love the alien invasion movie genre, even though I don't believe advanced aliens would engage in barbaric warfare. Even so, we are barbaric, and this has appeal to a knuckle dragger like me!

J

JasonChapman

with the new film Skyline, and this film, is there any point to another independence day?

F

FlatEarth

JasonChapman":28f7o55w said:
with the new film Skyline, and this film, is there any point to another independence day?
Oh, I don't know. Those aliens in Independence Day were so nasty good, I would like to see a sequel, but with a more believable solution than hack-by-Mac. ;)

As for Skyline, that looks to register high on the silly meter, but Battle: LA seems to have that feeling of a grim reality that could be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

B

Boris_Badenov

As far as Alien Invasions & our currently available tech capabilities it'd be more realistic if the Evil Aliens put a great big magnifying glass at ESL-1 & fried us all like ants. There isn't a thing we could do about it & they'd put themselves at zero risk. :lol:
Anything else is just Hollywood entertainment, often excellent entertainment, but just a story never the less.

A

Archer17

Boris_Badenov":gzgosjs8 said:
As far as Alien Invasions & our currently available tech capabilities it'd be more realistic if the Evil Aliens put a great big magnifying glass at ESL-1 & fried us all like ants. There isn't a thing we could do about it & they'd put themselves at zero risk. :lol:
Anything else is just Hollywood entertainment, often excellent entertainment, but just a story never the less.
The Nazi's actually comtemplated an orbital "sun gun". Regarding alien invaders, I think a chemical/biological approach would be a better method. Imagine what kind of pathogens they could concoct and it would spare them having to deal with all those city-wide scorch marks afterwards.

C

Couerl

Biological and chemical would necessitate too much R&D, what kills one life form won't kill another and they tend to disperse easily etc.. Simpler to use neutron bombs from orbit and leave the infrastructure in tact and simply walk in and mop up any stragglers. Like zombie movies or anything else, all they need to do is suspend disbelief even a little and they have a winner but, it will be another exercise in 3d animation with a movie attached to it by coincidence I bet and will have all the same weak/lame 6th grade dorky-ass characters that independence day had,..

V

Valcan

FlatEarth":3291jlpr said:
Hi, Jason, and thanks for posting the vid.

I love the alien invasion movie genre, even though I don't believe advanced aliens would engage in barbaric warfare. Even so, we are barbaric, and this has appeal to a knuckle dragger like me!

Lol tell that to the Pacific islanders, the American indians, and many other people many of whom no longer survive. Nature seems to go for the animal best adapted to its enviroment and able to still compete. Hell what you see as Violence may not even register beyond the normal protocals for meeting a new people.

My favorite scifi scene maybe first contact wise is when the Membari meet the humans and open gun ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts