Best tiny movie camera for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimglenn

There are many of these things out there. Most are no good. After a considerable amount of time, and
some money, I found the AEE MD80, a real standout. Only $55, but don't judge it from the price.

I need one to document some experiments on a model plane. Tried something called the FlyCam, but
could not get it to work. A nightmare. Have to download drivers, update things, too many modes, it
locked up, had screwed up video, etc, etc. Sent back with a nasty message.

This site has several, some for PI types, but they are either junk or overpriced:

http://www.pimall.com/NAIS/spycameras.html

Here is the best choice, that I have found:

http://www.honestywholesale.com/wholesa ... P2287.html

Has to be shipped from china, pay the express and insurance, will come in a week. Works out of the box,
just be sure to take the plastic layer off the lens! When installing the program, minimize the main screen,
there is another behind it that has to be finished (took me 3 tries to figure this out). Actually you can get by
without their download program, Windows will receive the files.

Takes 8 gig cards, which none of the other do. Is simple, comes with software, and WORKS. ;)
Is worth 3 times the price. Metal case, good execution.

I know I have dissed the asians in the past, but am quite happy with this device. Just don't get in trouble
taking pics of chicks or inappropriate things.

medium_1244247858.jpg

R

R1

A camera like this on a small R/C plane may be useful in learning more about area51.
:)

J

jimglenn

It should work great. I forgot to mention you must turn on both the power switch and the VOX switch
for download using their program. The instructions are so small you need an electron microscope to
read them, I mostly figured out how to use it by playing with it.

Might get a pic of one of these:

triangle_ufo.jpg

J

jimglenn

Looks like they stole the front end cap to the NCC-1701 Enterprise warp engine.

SHE'S GONNA BLOW, CAPTAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts