Big Bang & Black Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shpaget

So if a black hole is just a giant amount of matter compacted together and if, by definition, nothing can escape it, how did the Big Bang go bang?
Shouldn't the shock wave have been slower than the escape velocity of such a hole? After all it was much more massive than any other black hole in current universe, heck it was more massive than our entire present universe put together.

What am I missing here?

O

origin

Shpaget":41i0sjgx said:
So if a black hole is just a giant amount of matter compacted together and if, by definition, nothing can escape it, how did the Big Bang go bang?
Shouldn't the shock wave have been slower than the escape velocity of such a hole? After all it was much more massive than any other black hole in current universe, heck it was more massive than our entire present universe put together.

What am I missing here?

Well, my thought is there is a big difference between the big bang and a black hole. A black hole is in the universe and nothing can escape the event horizon into the rest of the universe. The prebig bang universe (whatever form that was) was the universe. Nothing escaped the universe from the prebig bang it just got bigger as it expanded into nothing.

Why did it go bang? - not a freaking clue in the world. I only know that it did cause I am not smashed into a really little dot - at least I don't think I am....

S

Saiph

well, the key is that a Black hole is a warp in space, from which nothing that travels through space can escape, as nothing can exceed it's escape velocity, not even light.

The big bang, however, was an explosion of space itself...and it could go any speed...it isn't limited to less than light speed as it isn't moving through space, it is space itself 'moving'.

So while similar, there are very fundamental differences.

R

robnissen

But for inflation the BB would have collapsed back into itself as a BH. IIRC inflation occured about 100 trillion-trillion-trillionth of a second after the BB. I don't believe there is even a good hypothesis, let alone a theory, for what caused inflation.

B

BreezyJ

Finding out anything prior to the what we refer to as the 'Big Bang' will forever be a mystery and the best thing we can do is try and re-enact it through simulations and studies and things like the atom smasher will help us better understand how a universe could form and expand like ours did.

Black holes are a big mystery to us still as well. As much as we've learned about them without even being able to actually see them is outstanding, but I think there's many things we won't be able to find out unless we had an actual black hole that was reachable and we could start launching probes in its directions and gathering any data we could get back from them before they are no longer heard from.

I personally think the matter that goes into a Black hole is being shot back into another universe or what some ppl call parallel universe. Without further information that's the only thing I could see being a possibility, but that's the best part of this whole mystery is that we still have no clue about so many vital things when it comes to how we were created and how the universe got sparked.

Status
Not open for further replies.