Binoculars

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Seeking recommendations for the very best of the best binoculars. The first pair pair will be for travel, birding, and observing preferably waterproof and lightweight.
The second pair will need a tripod so thank you for noting which tripod you like best as well .
I normally wear glasses so thank you for noting that.
If they have no case what do you use?
Thank you!

Perhaps this information may be useful, and keep costs down. I have found that some very good optical quality binoculars are periodically for sale in thrift shops and at local yard sales, usually they have a case. I got Manon binoculars, 8 X 30 Field 7.5 degrees, with case and lens filters, and a like new tripod mounted, 675 / 60mm Simons Astronomical Refracting Telescope for ~$30 at a yard/moving sale. Other hand held binoculars for the Moon, and other observing , I got at a local thrift store at ~ 10% of retail.

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Perhaps this information may be useful, and keep costs down. I have found that some very good optical quality binoculars are periodically for sale in thrift shops and at local yard sales, usually they have a case. I got Manon binoculars, 8 X 30 Field 7.5 degrees, with case and lens filters, and a like new tripod mounted, 675 / 60mm Simons Astronomical Refracting Telescope for ~$30 at a yard/moving sale. Other hand held binoculars for the Moon, and other observing , I got at a local thrift store at ~ 10% of retail.
Thank you for your thoughts. I'll take a look in several nearby pawn shops.

Reactions: Catastrophe
Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
Late reply and would be interested in what you settled on. I have a pair of 8x30 Canon Image Stabilized binocs and absolutely love them. Not the best size for astronomy but still can see rings of Saturn and moons of Jupiter and moon is glorious. Image stabilizers are great - no tripod worries. 10x50 IS would be perfect but expensive.