Blackholes having sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vi3tbomba

If possible, what would the result of two blackholes on a collision course with each other?<br /><br />I was thinking that blackholes work a little bit similar to hurricanes and if two to join, then a super blackhole would be created?!<br /><br />Can one blackhole have greater 'sucking' power than other blackholes or does every blackhole have the same power?<br /><br />Can a blackhole consume other blackholes?<br /><br />Just some thoughts I would like to clear up, thanks!

V

vogon13

Sucking power (interesting way to say it) is directly related to mass.<br /><br />Slam a few BHs together, add up the masses and you have your new 'suck' factor.<br /><br />{Newton's law of universal gravitation figures into this somewhere along the way . . . . .}<br /><br /> {{Newton probably less than thrilled with our take on his equation . . . . }}<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts