Board is looking nice, real nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brandbll

Thank you for changing the boards, look forward to getting use to all the new bells and whistles!

S

schmack

The board is looking nice. Hopefully things speed up a bit soon though. It seems quite slow moving.

Now, hopefully, Adrenalynn might change her avatar! Honestly, i find that imgae more disturbing than anything Vogon has ever posted.

M

MeteorWayne

Yeah, still a few bugs to be worked out, but the look and LAST POST is really cool. Hopefully by Monday it will be back to the SSDC we knew and loved.

E

earth_bound_misfit

Wow, I wasn't expecting this! Wonder why TPTB changed their minds un-expectantly? Was the changes announced anywhere?

S

Swampcat

earth_bound_misfit":2cpcrdfn said:
Wow, I wasn't expecting this! Wonder why TPTB changed their minds un-expectantly? Was the changes announced anywhere?

There was a rather short notice. I was expecting an announcement followed by changes strung out over months.

I didn't like the fact that they shut the site down for awhile, but it seems it was worth it. I guess Imaginova got the message. :cool:

E

earth_bound_misfit

Swampcat":2iqoawdd said:
There was a rather short notice. I was expecting an announcement followed by changes strung out over months.

I didn't like the fact that they shut the site down for awhile, but it seems it was worth it. I guess Imaginova got the message. :cool:

I never saw the announcement, must've been real short notice lol.

B

brellis

*sigh* - this is so much nicer! The sigh is for the 348 days it took for SDC to look and feel like a nice forum again.

May those days rest in peace! Thank you!!

I echo everything here. SDC will rise again, that's no doubt. This new software is wonderful, looking very professional, very business like & really works very well. The few remaining bugs appear to be getting fewer too.

Very well done Imaginova.

Andrew Brown.

D

doublehelix

Actually, there was an announcement posted on Thursday.

-dh

A

adrenalynn

I am living up to my promise to be as obnoxiously supportive now as I was obnoxiously vocal about the former monstrosity, may it rest in pieces after half a dozen trips through Vogon's wood chipper.

phpBB isn't my first choice, honestly, but I'll pretend vocally that it is now. :D

Integration challenges != Broken architecture at the lowest possible level. This can't go anywhere but up whereas the last piece of junk had no where to go but down the drain.

Kudos to Imaginova and staff for making the Right Decision.

A

adrenalynn

schmack":1uvs36vo said:
Now, hopefully, Adrenalynn might change her avatar! Honestly, i find that imgae more disturbing than anything Vogon has ever posted.

Hopefully Imaginova did too. ;)

Is this better? :) It's my "usual" avatar.

S

schmack

Hopefully Imaginova did too. ;)

Is this better? :) It's my "usual" avatar.[/quote]

LOL, It so suits you! I like it MUCH better.

V

vogon13

FWIW, Imaginova's ditching Pluck after <year scores considerable bonus points with their favorite curmudgeonista.

Only minor issues so far with the switch over, frankly, it be amazing how quickly the new board is up and running, and how well it is doing it.

It might be nice for someone to explain benefits of new pic posting routine, or at least what was wrong with how Infopop and Pluck did it.

Also, does the spell check thingy have any settings ?? Being able to turn it off/on, and/or having it suggest correct spellings would help.

B

bearack

Well, it is nicer on the eyes, that's for sure. I don't recall seeeing any notification but if we have half the problems we had before with stability, I'll be grateful.

Oooh, no spell check???

Let me apologize now for all the miss-spelled words I will be flooding the forum with :?

A

adrenalynn

I take it none of the cave dwellers have heard of google toolbar with google spell-check? Check the spelling of any text entry box contents anywhere anytime with complete consistency...

D

doublehelix

bearack":lo5fzims said:
I don't recall seeeing any notification

There was an announcement on Thursday of last week.

If you have a PC (maybe a Mac, too?), misspelled or wonky words will have a red line underneath them. Right click on that and a spellcheck comes up!

-dh

B

bearack

adrenalynn":1oau8der said:
I take it none of the cave dwellers have heard of google toolbar with google spell-check? Check the spelling of any text entry box contents anywhere anytime with complete consistency...

WOW, and I thought I was Internet savy. I totally missed that. Used to Firefox auto checking but at work we use IE.

Thanks for the heads up on that!

A

adrenalynn

Woot!

Yeah, it's pretty cool, I depend on it constantly. And it's available for Firefox too, although I don't use firefox for anything outside of one plugin and checking layout between browsers.

E

eosophobiac

It's like Christmas everytime I log on here - always different and such a surprise!!!
But I mean that in a good way, since I don't log in as much as I used to. :D

Anyway, nice new look. :cool:

ETA: What's the deal with the missing post-counts? I had more than 101, last I knew..... Is this another side-effect of the transition? :(
I guess I better get posting..... :twisted:

D

doublehelix

RE: spell check. Turns out that is not a default element in phpBB. It requires a MOD or a plugin, which would take extra developer time that unfortunately we can't spare. :cry:

However, I will make the request to the product manager and we can get it into the queue. But I won't try to mislead you: it would most likely be a low priority. :geek:

Sounds like the Google toolbar option for IE, and the native Firefox spell checker works for that browser. I am not familiar with Safari's spell check capabilities, or Opera's or Chrome's, so I can't speak for them.

So, that's where we are.

-dh

B

Boris_Badenov

I'd like to chime in with a vote for the affirmative. I definitely like the new board.

I wonder if these emoticons are all we'll ever get? Over at The Space Port they have an army of them & since we can't post pix we can't access anything like them. I even have a fair sized collection of them on my computer that I used to access on the old boards & can't use now. Anyway, more emoticons in general & more that are GIF's would be appreciated.

S

silylene

I like the new board also. Longer title lines would be nice, along with a display of title lines in the forum index.

I am still hoping I can get my handle, 'silylene', back, along with the thousands of old threads and posts of silylene, most of which seem to have disappeared. :cry: I am still working with dh on this issue.

D

doublehelix

silylene, your situation is unique. We are still working on resolving it. Database issues.

Boris, I'll inquire about new-additional emoticons, which I agree, would be nice.

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts