Books on the solar system

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treehugger1081

Hi. I am new to this forum . I just went through nineplanets.com and would like to get some more in-depth information. I would like to purchace a book on the solar system. I would like to go more in depth than the nineplanets website but I don't want anything too technical. I took a few basic science courses in college so I can read up to that level. Any suggestions?

V

vogon13

Your local Library might have a copy of the New Solar System. I have a 2nd edition from the 1980s, I don't know if it was updated too many times after that. Look it over, see if you like and maybe e-Bay a copy . . . <br /><br />Still a pretty useful tome for me. (helped me understand the collapsed ring of Iapetus after all)<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

B

brellis

I've subscribed to Astronomy Magazine for many years. Although I'm a lowly musician, I can easily digest every article. In each issue, they have an article written by a beginner to the field. They also have good planetary charts, excellent pics and a good roundup of important events. I've saved my old issues for years, which is fun because they cross-reference articles all the time. <br /><br />Their online site looks good, I don't know it very well, though. Good luck! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#ff0000"><em><strong>I'm a recovering optimist - things could be better.</strong></em></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.