Brazil's First Astronaut Prepares for Historic Spaceflight

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

planet_z

This is posted on the main page of space.com My question is about this part of the article.<br /><br />http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/ap_060208_exp13_pontes.html<br /><br /><b> The Brazilian, who will blast off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan with Russian astronaut Pavel Vinogradov and U.S cosmonaut Jeffrey Williams, will spend eight days on the International Space Station before returning to Earth with the outgoing two-man crew. </b><br /><br />Why does it call Jeffery Williams a Cosmonaut and Pavel Vinogradov an Astronaut? I read that and scratched my head.

Q

qso1

The writer simply made a mistake. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

I'll give him that. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.