Can Humans Enter A Far Away Planet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thugfella

hey i was wonderin can humans actually enter a far away planet...i no jupiter is all gas so we have no chance their ...and we might have a chance in mars....and by entering i mean with all the proper safety equipments equipped on us..with the air stuff and etc...so do you guys think we can do that?

K

kmarinas86

Every tried flying in a Hurricane? Imagine a hotel floating in the Jupiter Atmosphere! How to fly in Jupiter's atmosphere when the gravity is so strong.... hmmmmm.

B

bryanharley

Yes, we could do that. Look at the moon, we went there! The moon is just a small planet.

D

dark_energy

We can go to the moon...Mars is so far away that people may suffer from malnutrition and lack of excercise which results in weaker muscles and other problems. You can just forget about the outer planets at the present. Venus is too hot, as is Mercury. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

dark_energy

Well, Mercury's freezing on the dark side. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

centsworth_II

<font color="yellow">"Mars is so far away that people may suffer from malnutrition and lack of excercise..."</font><br /><br />Nutrition, exercise, and protection against radiation can be planned for. Extended time in weightlessness cannot be helped, futuristic artificial gravity contraptions aside. However, many men and women have already lived in weightless conditions for times exceeding the travel time between Earth and Mars. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

dark_energy

I learn something new everyday. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

newtonian

Thugfella - Enter at your own risk!<br /><br />No other planet that we know of has the protections our planet has for human life.<br /><br />Earth has a number of protections - to mention a few:<br /><br />1. The atmosphere - protecting us from most meteorites and much radiation. It has the right gases in the right proportion. Little sulphuric acid, unlike Venus [we would have even less if it wasn't for Sulfphur dioxide pollution and resulting acid rain.<br /><br />2. The ozone layer - again, it would be better if it wasn't for man's pollution and destruction of a percentage of the ozone layer (varying with latitude and date).<br /><br />3. The Van Allen radiation belt<br /><br />4. Earth's magnetic field - it is weakening - unknown cause.<br /><br />5. Earth's living ecology.<br /><br />6. Water<br /><br />Etc.<br />Consider earth like a perfect space ship, and note that no other space ship constructed by man is as well protected.

D

dark_energy

Earth's tectonic plates, hence, a molten core creates a strong (stronger than other inner planets) magnetic field. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

newtonian

dark_energy - True.<br /><br />Magnetic fields do require ions in motion.<br /><br />Sorry, I didn't mean we know nothing about the cause of earth's magnetic field.<br /><br />However, we have much to learn. We still do not know precisely why earth's magnetic field is weakening and may soon reverse polarity - as it has apparently in the past.<br /><br />Does it have anything to do with the foretold increase in earthquakes, for example?<br /><br />Of course, there are postulated (theorized) models.<br />But we can be thankful for the field, and one might be a little nervous about the fact that it is weakening.<br /><br />BTW - we also still do not know the exact source of the apparently floating magnetic fields from the solar core to the surface that, among other things, heat the solar corona.<br /><br />However, if it involves ions in motion from core to surface, then the standard model of stellar evolution would be wrong, since it assumes zero mixing from the solar core to outer layers.<br /><br />That is one of the many standard models I have recently questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts