Can Russian klipper be mounted on Falcon 9 booster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mr_mark

I know that Spacex has alot riding on their Dragon spacecraft. I was wondering as a enhancement to their program could they use a Russian Klipper spacecraft so that not only could they have a parachute capsule system with Dragon but also have a lifting vehicle with both parachute and runway landing capability with Klipper. I think that a successful program could not only use their own technology but also create deals with other agencies. Already Spacex is teaming with Nasa. Why not team with the Russian program as well to launch their Klipper vehicle. I hear they are also having a booster design problem for the Klipper. Seems that both they and Nasa are having booster design problems.    

B

Boris_Badenov

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I know that Spacex has alot riding on their Dragon spacecraft. I was wondering as a enhancement to their program could they use a Russian Klipper spacecraft so that not only could they have a parachute capsule system with Dragon but also have a lifting vehicle with both parachute and runway landing capability with Klipper. I think that a successful program could not only use their own technology but also create deals with other agencies. Already Spacex is teaming with Nasa. Why not team with the Russian program as well to launch their Klipper vehicle. I hear they are also having a booster design problem for the Klipper. Seems that both they and Nasa are having booster design problems. &nbsp; &nbsp; <br />Posted by mr_mark</DIV></p><p><font size="2">The Falcon IX Heavy could probably handle it. But, I rather doubt the Russians would hire an American company to launch one of their Spaceships. Also, Falcon IX has yet to fly, & after it does SpaceX has yet to prove out it's capabilities & carrying capacity.</font><br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

T

ThereIWas2

<p>Klipper is "yet to fly" too isn't it?</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Anyway, Dragon and Falcon were designed to work together.&nbsp; The useful up-mass with Klipper would be less too, wouldn't it?&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><span class="postbody"><span style="font-style:italic"><br /></span></span></p> </div>

B

Boris_Badenov

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Klipper is "yet to fly" too isn't it?&nbsp;Anyway, Dragon and Falcon were designed to work together.&nbsp; The useful up-mass with Klipper would be less too, wouldn't it?&nbsp; <br />Posted by ThereIWas2</DIV></p><p><font size="2">Kliper isn't scheduled to fly until 2012. </font></p><p><font size="2">Falcon was designed to put any commercial satellite into orbit too. I don't know for certain it could put a Kliper up, but I doubt it would be impossible.</font></p><p><font size="2">The Falcon IX Heavy will put around 65,000lb into LEO & the source I found for Kliper says it's up to 32,000lb (I'm guessing that's dry weight). If the numbers&nbsp;hold up&nbsp;for Falcon, it'll have the oomph to do the job.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br /></font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts