"Caprica" poster....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

The 20 episode Caprica season starts Jan. 22, 2010 on SyFy.

The babe with the apple is kid-genius Zoe Graystone, played by Alessandra Torresani.

Other cast members include Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales (as William Adama’s father), Polly Walker, Paula Malcolmson, James Marsters and Patton Oswalt.

capricahot.jpg

A

a_lost_packet_

docm":1ehfp6vm said:
The 20 episode Caprica season starts Jan. 22, 2010 on SyFy.

The babe with the apple is kid-genius Zoe Graystone, played by Alessandra Torresani....

/oggle

Uh.. Oh my, it looks like it's going to be a hit!

<ahem>

That being said.. Wait a sec.

<looks again>

Ah, yes. Well, that being said one has to wonder how they're going to pull this storyline off and make it work. BSG had something for everyone. This seems to get a bit more into "drama" than "action." At least, the milieu does. Are we going to have huge space battles against terrible foes? Is the drama created by the desperation of a fleeing human populace going to be similarly built into the story?

Of course, for myself I'd be content with just an hour show of Alessandra Torresani eating apples naked... Can't complain about that. Give it an Emmy... But, others may need a bit more convincing to tune in.

There's some interesting tidbits here. One is that we won't be seeing any Battlestar interiors as a standard set. Another is that they're determined to give this a "new look" so to speak. That could be good. But, what will the fanbase think? Are they going to be just as interested? I think this is going to go a bit slower than the BSG series as far as generating a lot of interest. Fans will watch, some will be lost, some will eventually be picked up. But, its very difficult to pick up a series that isn't episodic and that requires you to know the previous backstory. Caprica seems like it's going to rely heavily on intricate storylines and character development much more so than BSG did. (Even though it did go into that pretty heavily.)

I guess I'm worried about the Bells&Whistles crowd. Is there going to be enough flashy SciFi and boobs to keep the cash-cow viewer base interested? That's the bottom line.

PS - She looks a little bit like a girl I dated in High School. Lucky me, eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts