Catch the moon pointing at Uranus on Friday

I was able to view this celestial alignment early this morning.

Observed 0400-0500 EDT/0800-0900 UT. Sunrise 0559/EDT 0959 UT. Last Quarter Moon 20-July-2022 1419 UT. I used 90-mm refractor telescope with TeleVue 40-mm plossl for 25x views, true FOV ~ 108 arcminute. Stellarium shows the Moon and Uranus ~ 82 to 95 arcminute angular separation in Aries when I viewed. Uranus easy to locate and view but cirrus did obscure somewhat this morning. Uranus and 53 Arietis star a distinct pair in the telescope eyepiece view too. I used Stellarium 0.22.2, Starry Night Pro Plus 8, and Virtual Moon Atlas. The lunar terminator line visible in FOV with Uranus this morning. Virtual Moon Atlas shows the Moon angular size ~ 30.28 arcminute, while Uranus angular size about 3.5 arcsecond. Uranus some 20 AU distance while 53 Arietis according to Stellarium 1029 light years. The Moon's distance somewhat more than 394000 km. A great horn owl was hooting, cirrus did cause some obscuration while viewing. Winds 225/4 knots, temperature 22C.

The space.com report says, "You'll be able to see the pair for about two hours before the sky begins to brighten according to astronomer Chris Vaughan of Astrogeo.ca, who prepares Space.com's monthly Night Sky calendar in cooperation with Simulation Curriculum."

I did use the Sky Calendar chart for this morning, Starry Night Pro Plus 8. That was a good chart and I like the Sky Calendar views each month, updated.