Chang'e 1-Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nailpounder

Did anyone happen to pull out their scope and try to observe the dust cloud from the impact? I've tried to find out the speed of Chang'e 1 at the time of impact to no avail. I have a few friends who are "conspiracy nerds" , and it would be awesome to show them some kind of evidence of man's presence there, or at least a dust cloud from an impact! I don't know if the impact would be visible from Earth...............anyone? The impact site was reported to have occured at
1.5^ S. Lat. X 52.36^E. Long. Looking at my lunar map (map=circa 1980..damn I'm old) it appears to have struck just West of a small mountain range in central Mare Fecunditatis. Thanks...........Al

A

Archer17

From what I gather the Chinese didn't give advanced notice of this impact. LINK.

N

nailpounder

Archer, Thanks For the Link! I spent 4 hours researching the Chang'e mission today. In a few other articles it was also
mentioned that there was a certain amount of secrecy concerning various parameters of the mission. I did eventually find the weight at about 5200 lbs. , but have been unable to to find out what the velocity was. I'll take the rest of my questions to "MISSIONS" forum concerning this matter. Again I thank you, and the many other persons on this site who have awed and inspired me over the last five years

B

BoJangles2

Chinas philosophy, whatever is yours is mine, whatever is mine is my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts