China goes moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alokmohan

China sends moon spaceceraft on 27th july.Remcock may know.

N

najab

><i>China sends moon spaceceraft on 27th july.</i><p>Are you saying that China <b>has already sent</b> a spacecraft, or that they are sending one next year? As far as I know there were no Chinese launches in July.</p>

A

alokmohan

<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><br /> <br /> BEIJING, Aug. 12 (Xinhuanet) -- China will launch its first lunar satellite in two years' time, the Beijing Morning Post has reported. <br /><br /> Dubbed the `Chang'e Project' after a Chinese fairy who flies to the moon, the first lunar orbiter will itself be called `Chang'e-I.' <br /><br /> All preparations are in full swing, vice-chief designer of the project Long Lehao said. <br /><br /> The announcement was made at the same time as reports began coming in about the ongoing success of the Double Star Programme test. <br /><br /> The Double Star mission, the first Sino-European project involving probe satellites, involves two probes, the TC-1 and TC-2, which fly in complementary orbits around the Earth. <br /><br /> All equipment is functioning well, says Sun Laiyan, director of the China National Space Administration. <br /><br /> TC-2 was launched from Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in North China's Shanxi Province on July 25. <br /><br /> It will be tested until the end of September, he said. <br /><br /> The Double-Star and the Chang'e missions are China's latest moves into outer space. <br /><br /> The Double-Star mission will look at the causes of space storms and how safety in space travel can be improved. <br /><br /> The two satellites will operate alongside four others from the Cluster II project, a European venture which started in 2000 to study how solar winds affect the Earth. <br /><br /> Some information has already been collected and will be studied together with data from the TC-2, Sun said. <br /><br /> The Chang'e probe will involve landing an unmanned vehicle on the moon and scooping up moon dust to analyse later on Earth. <br /><br /> The fly-by, landing and return phases are expected to be completed within 20 years. <br /><br /> Sun said China will continue to co-operate with other countries in space science and exploration. <br /><br /> At the end of the year, officials

A

alokmohan

By ignorance I posted same thing .Najab please edit and help.

N

najab

I wasn't asking you a question, "Where were you...." is my signature line - in reference to the SDC crash a few weeks back. I think I'm going to change it soon though.

M

mooware

If you posted it, then you have the power to edit it..<br /><br />

N

najab

><i>China joins moon club.No reaction .Strange.</i><p>But they haven't joined it yet, all they have done so far is announce their plans. I'm sure there will be a lot more reaction when they actually launch a probe to the Moon.</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts