Clash of the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pmn1

Reasonable but with some problems

1. They botched the 3-D-ing and couple this with the rapid camera action makes it bad for the eyes.

2. Perseus doing a 'Kevin the teenager' whinge on how he 'hates the gods' - he does have good reason to do so but do we need to be reminded so many times???

Thought some of the scenery on the trek to the Underworld and the entrance to Medusa's lair looked familiar - seems part of it was filmed around Dinorwic in North Wales.

P

pmn1

JasonChapman":bjnqgcb4 said:
going to see this tomorrow, can't wait.

Didn't think of it at the time but when they are crossing the mountains, check out the neighbouring mountain tracks, you may see some brightly coloured waterproofs on them.

:D

J

JasonChapman

Finally got to see this film today, totally different from the Ray Harryhousen flick of 81.

Ok now to the 3D bit. It was my first experience watching a 3D Film, to be honest I really didn't notice anything, and I got a bit of a headache wearing those glasses. I did notice the efects during the adverts, but not so much during the film, perhaps my Brain isn't geared for 3D.

N

neomaine

Went to go see the film with my son last night. The 3D .... total gimmick for the movie. Very appearant that it was an after thought and totally unnecessary. And yes, the 3D trailers for the other movies were better.

The movie however was very enjoyable and entertaining. I loved the campy origional as a kid and found just as much enjoyment this time around. The blockbuster of the year? Don't think so. However, still a good recommendation.

A

Astro_Robert

I also enjoyed the movie and thought it had some nice 'hollywood' touches, although I do think it could have used a little more length to develop things. Most of the other previews and adds I saw did not appear to be in 3D at my theater. Although I thought Avatar's 3D was more convincing, Titans did not cuase me any headaches or anything.

I remember the older version fondly, but this one was worth the price of admission.

B

brandbll

I've heard that the problem with most of the 3D movies like this one, is that 3D is indeed an after thought. They shoot the movie with HD type equipment and then they turn it into 3D after they're done shooting. A movie like Avatar was shot with 3D in mind from the very beginning.

G

Gravity_Ray

This movie didnt need to be 3D. Really didnt have a lot of 3D and what little there was, was not impressive. The movie was OK. Where as I saw Avatar 3D three times, and I wont see this movie again.

J

JasonChapman

I think 3D needs to develop more, perhaps in a decade we could be seeing some stunning films in 3D. Remember the good old days when CGI was in its infancy, terminator 2 looks terrible now with its CGI, although Jurassic Park still stands the test of time.
In time we could be watching films where objects really to appears to come out of the screen and fly past you head.

Saw the Trailer for Piranha 3D, no please god, I beg you.

C

Couerl

JasonChapman":1gxq3d5b said:
I think 3D needs to develop more, perhaps in a decade we could be seeing some stunning films in 3D. Remember the good old days when CGI was in its infancy, terminator 2 looks terrible now with its CGI, although Jurassic Park still stands the test of time.
In time we could be watching films where objects really to appears to come out of the screen and fly past you head.

Saw the Trailer for Piranha 3D, no please god, I beg you.

Hi, it's not that 3D needs to evolve, it has been evolving and continues to evolve. the problem is that Hollywood has become so dependant on that fancy eye-candy that it has forgotten how to write a story and in fact, the stories in today's movies are practically non-existent.

D

docm

The 3D of Clash of the Titans isn't a good example because the film wasn't shot in 3D (2 lenses and video streams) but was digitally synthesized from the 2D footage originally shot. It's 3D, but with faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts