Climate change has altered the Earth's tilt

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
Used to love space.com, Now it’s just another left-wing lunacy, anti-human, climate change alarmist BS website. I will get my space information from somewhere else from now on

Life is water based. One concern is a potential shortage of potable water. So what the "latest and greatest" recommendation to solve the issue raised above? I have no idea how humans and countries will cope with a water shortage. Now extend that quandary to a Moon or Mars colony or an extended space flight. Is there some technology "in the works" other than sonic showers, reprocessing waste and rationing?

Reactions: Catastrophe
Apr 23, 2021
Visit site
When China was planninmg the "Three Gorges Dam " some sientist's speculating about an earth tilt shift due to the relocation of water. Since then massive amounts of water and ice have relocated at earth. We pump oil from the ground and burning it. The cavetys left are many times filled with water so all things combined, would make it verry likely that the earth balance would be affected.

Humans are not aware at all what they do with the planet and how serious we actually hurt the only place we can liive in.

There is no future for humans we are a virus for the planet and will exterminate ourself. We are not far from having food crisis andd major loss of land to grow at. Many regions will be impossible to live in and desperate people will move to regions that still are habitable. Childern born today and their children will have verry rough lives couping with all the climate changes to come.

I travel a lot in my 60Y life and I have seen changes that can not be repaired and humans are to greedy and corrupt to mannage a planet and make it prosper in a healthy way.

Reactions: sam85geo

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Am I the only one who is confused? See the actual paper here:

The research is described in a paper that was published last month in the journal Geophysical Research Letters.

Axial tilt
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In astronomy, axial tilt, also known as obliquity, is the angle between an object's rotational axis and its orbital axis, or, equivalently, the angle between its equatorial plane and orbital plane.[1] It differs from orbital inclination.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Over the course of an orbital period, the obliquity usually does not change considerably, and the orientation of the axis remains the same relative to the background of stars.

Used to love space.com, Now it’s just another left-wing lunacy, anti-human, climate change alarmist BS website. I will get my space information from somewhere else from now on
Multiple satellites have been at the forefront of showing real world climate change as it occurs - with none managing to show it isn't. Space.com appears to take the consistent science based knowledge on climate change seriously and avoids the conspiratorial BS view of this profound and serious problem as being something made up to deceive. I fully support that editorial stance.

I have no possible solutions for mitigating the untoward effects of climate change whether such is increasing warming or cooling of the Earth. As our Sun proceeds on the Main Sequence, the death of planet Earth, and it's life forms becomes closer to a reality. It would seem that the best humans could/can do is effect a delay in the physics and chemistry of the inevitable, and attempt an off planet escape for some representative set of humanity. Both objectives may be impossible for a hosts of reasons beyond human moderation. But both are worth an attempt for we really have no choices in the long run, however, "long" that may be. Thus, information, compromise, evaluation and cooperation on a global basis are essential. Currently, we view the climate change problem as being entirely humanity driven. However, Earth's history and Nature have to be included in such an analysis.

Last edited:

Catastrophe

"Currently, we view the climate change problem as being entirely humanity driven."

Do you believe that the majority of humanity cares a living daylight about climate change? Possibly "Oooooh, what a nice hot summer" might be the limit for most peoples' involvement?

Cat :)

Wolfshadw

Do you believe that the majority of humanity cares a living daylight about climate change? Possibly "Oooooh, what a nice hot summer" might be the limit for most peoples' involvement?
Whether or not humanity cares about climate change is irrelevant. IMO, climate change is a natural cycle normally taking thousands upon thousands of years. Humanity has sped up that cycle (caring about it or not).

-Wolf sends

Both Cat and Wolfshadw are accurate in their observations as relates to various aspects of climate change. I acknowledge both as valid. My approach is straight forwardly cynical. i.e.: neither humanity nor Nature's functions/operations can be changed once set in motion. At 7.5+ billion humans on Earth, there is limited/restricted immigration, and ever increasingly economically scarce resources available for all of Earth's life forms. Basically, it's a global example of resource Supply and Demand. As for our problem solving ability, implementing reasonable restrictions, and having a non-violent collective future, sanguine I am not. ..... Yes! a curmudgeon indeed, but I'll listen.

Catastrophe

The dinosaurs lasted a very long time and, in the final analysis, could have lasted a lot longer. It was through no fault of theirs that they could not predict, let alone deal with, a large asteroid. At this point in time, we could not do much better.

"Currently, we view the climate change problem as being entirely humanity driven."

A lot of people do care - and a lot live in places where summers can get unbearable even without any extra warming - no
"Oooh, nice". The prospect for the people around where I live of drought, heatwave and bushfire with an added 3 or 4 or 5 C degrees is actually terrifying. Not nice at all. And I think people in cold climate regions are kidding themselves that global warming will deliver net benefits to them - even leaving aside that the cascading impacts of what happens elsewhere will not leave any place unaffected, not in a globally connected and trade dependent world economy.

And my understanding is direct climate impacts even in cold climates will still be profound and damaging. Having the best climate after global warming could just make that the favored destination of climate refugees.

Whilst the potential for global failure on a shift to zero emissions is high it is a long way from certain failure. To dismiss the efforts to date as pointless when the rate of take-up of new coal is diminishing, most new energy generation capability coming online is now solar and wind, more than all new coal and gas and nuclear combined seems especially pessimistic. A tipping point has been crossed and energy production is never going to be the same. Enough? It will take more effort and ultimately may require some sacrifices but so far we are reducing emissions intensity without making sacrifices - which says we could do a lot more and should not abandon our efforts.

As for escaping this world and it's problems by colonising space - without a healthy, wealthy and lasting Earth economy I don't think space colonies will ever be possible. Running away is not an option. I also think the efforts to improve Hydrogen production for low emissions steel and fertilisers flow through to space applications, developing improved fission and fusion will flow to space applications, robotics and automation for Earth based purposes will improve them for uses in space. Earth resources support all kinds of R&D that future space tech will require.

Catastrophe

The title of this thread is:

Climate change has altered the Earth's tilt

What is the consensus (if any) on this question?

Ken Fabian - Have you reacted to one of my posts (#11), outside my overall context?
Apart from the quote, my post consisted of two sentences, both of which ended with a question mark.
The more people who care about climate change, the happier I shall be.

Ken Fabian's post shows the hope for solutions, (economic, technological and political), over climate change. For this aspect, I think that humanity can not / will not change its impact on Earth. Some set of humans will always have some advantage and use more resources than the majority of humans. It's genetic. As a cynical derogatory image: "The last sticks of firewood would be used by humans to bash other humans, and then burned for warmth". As for colonizing another planet, humans have to find a planet that has the environment and resources to support a colony and growth, independently of Earth. Running away to space? Yeh! Why not; it's what we and other species do; it's call migration. However, we don't know where to go, and even if we did "we can't get there from here" at this time. So doing our "best" compromises for limiting climate change effects seems our only near term option. Negotiating those compromises is both difficult and contentious. ..... Apologies, for I have drifted from the original theme of the Earth's tilt. I think Cat's above post defining Axial Tilt shows the mechanism, and it seems to me that climate change has effected the Tilt.