CNN - Gap between space flights worries NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dreada5

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/03/30/space.flight.gap.ap/index.html<br /><br />Interesting. Kinda sums up what folks have been saying around here for a while now.<br /><br />Quotes from story:<br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p><br /> - NASA Administrator Michael Griffin recently told lawmakers that China's ambitious space program could feasibly beat the United States in the race back to the moon, although he and outside experts say there's no indication yet that China is on that path.<br /><br />- U.S. Sens. Barbara Mikulski, D-Maryland, and Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, this month proposed increasing NASA's funding by $1 billion. Mikulski also called for a space summit between Congress and the White House to raise the profile of NASA's budget needs.<br /><br />- Nelson said the gap could be narrowed to three years if NASA were to get an extra $400 million above the 2008 budget request and an extra $800 million each in 2009 and 2010. NASA's budget request for 2008 is $17.3 billion.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br />

S

spacester

Excellent! I have some numbers to work with from the Senate side. I've been wondering if anybody had asked Dr. G how much he needed to get it back on track.<br /><br />I say double it, and get the money from DoD bloatware. Restore the Science programs, get a happy joy joy high-performance NASA out of the deal, to help lead us forward to a bright future.<br /><br />Democrats have a golden opportunity here to do the bipartisan thing and solidify the moderate vote for the next election cycle. They have an opportunity to make filibusters very difficult: show the People an exciting future in Space and other innovations. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

dreada5

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>I've been wondering if anybody had asked Dr. G how much he needed to get it back on track. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />I thought he said at one of those recent gov't meetings that VSE was currently $500 million short and that would equate to delaying key milestones by a few years.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts