Color Video of Jupiter Red Spot Transit from 8/2/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armicheal

<p>Hello everyone below is a link to my latest video.&nbsp;&nbsp; I shot this in Color using a Toucam webcam on 8/2/08.&nbsp; Clear Skyz, LA</p><p>3meg GRS Transit video</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'><font color="#ff0000">Hello everyone below is a link to my latest video.&nbsp;&nbsp; I shot this in Color using a Toucam webcam on 8/2/08.&nbsp; Clear Skyz, <font color="#000080">LA3meg GRS Transit video </font><br /> Posted by armicheal</font></DIV></p><p><font size="2"><strong>Hi again armicheal,</strong></font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>Great video again.</strong></font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>Not only the Great Red Spot, but also two large 'brown barges' (gaps in the Ammonia Cirrus & mid level clouds, allowing to see to a greater depth in the Jovian atmosphere) in the northern hemisphere, only seen by Pioneer 11, Voyager 1&nbsp; & New Horizons during their swing bys, though the HST & yourself now have spotted them.</strong></font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>Great video. This really proves the point of the contribution that amateur astronomers&nbsp; ( I assume that you make these movies in an amateur capacity, as they look very professional), make in helping to understand the weather & behaviour of the giant outer planets, as of course, the pros, Hubble & certainly not spacecraft can look 24/7.&nbsp;</strong></font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>I see that is Io again (my fave Galilean, in fact one of my faves in the entire solar system).</strong></font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>Please keep them coming.&nbsp;</strong></font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>Andrew Brown.&nbsp;</strong></font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080">"I suddenly noticed an anomaly to the left of Io, just off the rim of that world. It was extremely large with respect to the overall size of Io and crescent shaped. It seemed unbelievable that something that big had not been visible before".</font> <em><strong><font color="#000000">Linda Morabito </font></strong><font color="#800000">on discovering that the Jupiter moon Io was volcanically active. Friday 9th March 1979.</font></em></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://www.launchphotography.com/</font><br /><br /><font size="1" color="#000080">http://anthmartian.googlepages.com/thisislandearth</font></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://web.me.com/meridianijournal</font></p> </div>

A

armicheal

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>This really proves the point of the contribution that amateur astronomers&nbsp; ( I assume that you make these movies in an amateur capacity, as they look very professional), make in helping to understand the weather & behaviour of the giant outer planets, as of course, the pros, Hubble & certainly not spacecraft can look 24/7.&nbsp;I see that is Io again (my fave Galilean, in fact one of my faves in the entire solar system).Please keep them coming.&nbsp;Andrew Brown.&nbsp; <br />Posted by 3488</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;Thanks, yes I am just shooting these from my Back yard.&nbsp; I've had really good seeing lately on my days off so I have been lucky.&nbsp; Clear Skyz, LA<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

billslugg

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;Thanks, yes I am just shooting these from my Back yard.&nbsp; I've had really good seeing lately on my days off so I have been lucky.&nbsp; Clear Skyz, LA <br /> Posted by armicheal</DIV></p><p>armichael</p><p>What was the aperture on this? What type of optics?&nbsp; </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p> </div>

A

armicheal

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>armichaelWhat was the aperture on this? What type of optics?&nbsp; <br />Posted by billslugg</DIV></p><p>Bill - I am using a Tak 130mm scope on a cg-5 tripod.&nbsp; Prior to this I had several Synta scopes and a 11 Nexstar but none even came close to the optical clarity of the Tak.&nbsp; I'm not one to provide a testimonial but there is something freakishly awesome about the Tak optics.&nbsp; Clear Skyz, LA</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts